Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Where to catch wild guppy? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349946)

detritus 26-12-2008 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6458405)
aiyo muz have first party to comb the area first ma hahaha but remember first party if got good stuff sure taken up first ma hahahaha
second party only get the grade 2 stuff. but im not greedy... i only wan 4 nice pc to breed heehee...
FCFS basis wat....:D

u think u can catch finish all the nice ones u carry on lor :D

no time to go tonight la... u have fun :)

lindavw 27-12-2008 04:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
recce but caught this instead cos the stream/drain only got dead fishes n some black fries

but another stream nearby got some dunno wha type of fish. all in all no guppies... except the ones in the pic.

detritus 27-12-2008 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6460459)
recce but caught this instead cos the stream/drain only got dead fishes n some black fries

but another stream nearby got some dunno wha type of fish. all in all no guppies... except the ones in the pic.

haha... u serious hardcore man...

could it be a mosquito fish? its looks a bit like a female guppy...

lindavw 27-12-2008 02:06 PM

i oso 1 2 know if it is mosquitoe fish if yes then i ban there stream liaoz.
but serious there were quite alot of black some guppies fries in the seletar stream/drain... could be some good strain when it turns adult leh hahaha

detritus 27-12-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6461256)
i oso 1 2 know if it is mosquitoe fish if yes then i ban there stream liaoz.
but serious there were quite alot of black some guppies fries in the seletar stream/drain... could be some good strain when it turns adult leh hahaha

all fish fries look the same... thats how i ended up with my tilapias... :o

No78 28-12-2008 02:50 AM

hi bro,

anyone think of qian hu area there got a big longkang .
bishan park , IMM behind , strathmore ave behind got also (near to queentown) ?

if going i maybe going if the timing is rite .

cheer bro .

detritus 28-12-2008 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No78 (Post 6463762)
hi bro,

anyone think of qian hu area there got a big longkang .
bishan park , IMM behind , strathmore ave behind got also (near to queentown) ?

if going i maybe going if the timing is rite .

cheer bro .

bishan park i suggest dun waste your time... got thriving tilapia community in the longkang already... i doubt if there'll be guppies.

last i went, i even found luohan dumped by pple there also... with so many carnivorous inhabitants, i'm not sure if guppy or mosquito fish can survive...

u want tilapia from that longkang, i can give u the ones i caught :D

No78 28-12-2008 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6464043)
bishan park i suggest dun waste your time... got thriving tilapia community in the longkang already... i doubt if there'll be guppies.

last i went, i even found luohan dumped by pple there also... with so many carnivorous inhabitants, i'm not sure if guppy or mosquito fish can survive...

u want tilapia from that longkang, i can give u the ones i caught :D

O, cause my bro-in-law catch a few discus juv over there . maybe now all because LH food .

detritus 28-12-2008 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by No78 (Post 6464107)
O, cause my bro-in-law catch a few discus juv over there . maybe now all because LH food .

wouldn't be surprised... i'm sure there's all kinds of funny fish in there... pple will get tired of their pets and dump them there. terrible...

u may even find guppies or mosquito fish too in one of the smaller drains and canals feeding into the big longkang...

but i'm just doubtful cos there are just too many predators.

moscowblue 28-12-2008 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6460459)
recce but caught this instead cos the stream/drain only got dead fishes n some black fries

but another stream nearby got some dunno wha type of fish. all in all no guppies... except the ones in the pic.

this one more likely is mosquitofish


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)