Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guppy Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Green water sutable ? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355604)

JosephIgnatius 18-01-2009 05:30 PM

Green water sutable ?

helo brothers n sisters. whould like to check with you all is guppy able to survive in green water like gold fish can ? as im running out of tanks so though of putting some guppy into the green water gold fish tank . pls advice :)

Breach 18-01-2009 08:12 PM

Of course can green water can

detritus 18-01-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JosephIgnatius (Post 6539738)
helo brothers n sisters. whould like to check with you all is guppy able to survive in green water like gold fish can ? as im running out of tanks so though of putting some guppy into the green water gold fish tank . pls advice :)

guppies can survive in green water, but are u sure its a good idea to mix them with goldfish?

i thought goldfish can be quite aggressive one?

also, not sure if the water parameters are compatible... PH for instance... do goldfish prefer higher or lower PH? cos i prefer to keep my guppies in higher PH.

gue 18-01-2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6540404)
guppies can survive in green water, but are u sure its a good idea to mix them with goldfish?

also, not sure if the water parameters are compatible... PH for instance... do goldfish prefer higher or lower PH? cos i prefer to keep my guppies in higher PH.

goldfish is not compatible with guppies. Try not to mix them if u really can.

free2006air 18-01-2009 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6540404)

Agreed that gupps strive better at higher PH Goldfish dat i m not sure but you can try let us knw the outcome Cheers:)

Aria 21-01-2009 11:30 PM

Goldfish will chase and eat small guppies that can fit into their mouths. Even for guppies that are too big to be considered prey (depending on the size of the goldfish) they generally huddle together far away from the goldfish if one is in their tank. So its really stressful for them.

Regarding green water, my 2 ft in the balcony (pending relocation) is having a major algae bloom but my guppies are doing fine. However I find that they are more easily spooked... think its because of poor visibility :D

If its a temporary arrangement I think its ok but they'll be much happier to be in cystal clear water and on their own :)

JosephIgnatius 21-01-2009 11:58 PM

ahhh thanks to all the advice . so far the guppy is surviving well. though afew maybe die of stress of diff water condition i guess. i have a divider to seperate the goldfish n guppy but they are in the same tank . lol so they can see each other buy cant chase =D lol

Aria 22-01-2009 01:00 AM

Ha that's a good solution :) All the best!

JosephIgnatius 22-01-2009 01:07 AM

haaha thanks :)
hope green water will nt make the guppy feel sicky ...

EtErNiTy 22-01-2009 02:04 AM

they will love it :)
don worry mine all in green water also and all survive :)