Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140)
-   -   My DIY Background and Moonlighting (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335112)

BT33 03-09-2008 09:07 AM

Lots of hard work and efforts!

Leong68 03-09-2008 09:58 AM

very nice and impressive

AroDummy 03-09-2008 10:38 AM

Great thinking & creative. Good skill too.

jack_dempsey 03-09-2008 11:04 AM

Its awesome dude!
I like the part where the powerhead is well hidden from view.
But I think need a very strong one to suck up dirt from every corner of the tank.

synyster93 03-09-2008 11:10 AM

nice one,bro

Tonytlk 03-09-2008 11:17 AM

Awesome work, kawaiiBoy.

Very pro for a first timer, the whole setup looks very natural and I'm sure your cichlids will enjoy the habitat just like in Lake Tanganyika itself.

Would love to do one for my tank setup, but never take the first step when getting my tank started.. :p

What tangan cichlids will you be stocking? Is this a 5ft tank?

AroDine 03-09-2008 11:38 AM

Very nice and natural. Not sure if I am artistic enough to do so :)
May I know is there a special kind of cement mix to use?

iewgnail 03-09-2008 02:10 PM

it looks really good to me!

KawaiiBoy 03-09-2008 02:19 PM

Thanks everyone for their compliments and suggestions! I can help from time to time on a small scale for bros who are interested, but to go commercial may be a little hard. I just graduated and still looking for a job and don't really dare to commit now because I may not have time in future. I just hope my thread can encourage bros in arofanatics to try on it also, because I have seen many American and European forums with DIY backgrounds and stuff, and to tell you, it is really very satisfying and fun project!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcchia (Post 6115773)
Saluate u on yr project, yr patient, yr time and determination
Thumbs up for this beautiful setup................
Tks for sharing,...........keep us update on further incoming project too.;)

Haha. Don't think will have another project any time soon, unless I can earn big bucks and live on a landed property then get a 12ft tank and have a HUGE project. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by ostrava (Post 6115796)
Bro u can get the commercial a/c and start a biz to help ppl custom made one... Ur skill very gd. Very professional. Anyway u try doing background using resin mould? I read online ppl use it and do rocky background also very nice

Never try before. But according to what I read, using resin is a little more risky because no errors can be made and once the resin harden, then that's it. So the user have to have a very clear idea on what he wants to do. Certainly not easy but can try.

Fins&Tails 03-09-2008 02:19 PM

thats some DIYed background!

thanks for sharing :)

btw care to share what type of silicon u used to stick the foam boards together and to the back of the tank?