Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Tvr (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178919)

samuelphan 13-04-2005 10:31 AM

Nice ranchu there ... basiscally carrying all the neccessary features to make it a nice specimen.

Color seems kinda off ... but could be those fish with "underlying" color which is rather special. Cant really explain this feature but have seen it on some fishes ... that is of cos I assess this fish correction from the pic ;)

Jap? Thai? Sing?

Think is a Jap ... again ... same as the rest ... think is raised up in Singapore waters ;)

AroHong 13-04-2005 12:07 PM

Hi just to ask a question on this fish; for a TVR is this fish a little short? I was told TVR should ideally be of the following proportion by lfs:

Ratio of: Head = 1, Body = 2.5, Tail = 1

Please advice if I've been snooked, thanks.

pykoh 13-04-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AroHong
Hi just to ask a question on this fish; for a TVR is this fish a little short? I was told TVR should ideally be of the following proportion by lfs:

You are correct if you are following the general guidelines. However, long or short depend very much of personal preference and there is no absolute right or wrong.

Some like the body to have a ratio of 2 (short body)whereas some like to have body ratio as high as 3 (long body). ;) :D

RBT 13-04-2005 12:14 PM

Phew nice piece!!!Can be model if colour more intense!!!(white more white,red more red)

samuelphan 13-04-2005 12:14 PM

Either a ratio of 1:2:1 or 1:2.5:1 is ok ;)

shorter body ones with ratio 1:1.5:1 tend to be less desirable amongst those keeping for comp ... but the fish itself will look very cute and chubby ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AroHong

AroHong 13-04-2005 12:31 PM

Thank you pykoh & samuelphan for you quick reply & clarification.

OKI 14-04-2005 12:57 PM

i feels tat commenting on sotong's fish is less stressful....seems like more comments were posted.:)

pykoh 15-04-2005 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotong King
Posted picture here. Please praise this ranchu and support your comments with facts. If you can give COO will be most appreciated.

Any chance of you disclosing COO for this ranchu? Btw, I asked in my previous post, is this your ranchu? Thanks.

FancyGoldfish 15-04-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotong King
Posted picture here. Please praise this ranchu and support your comments with facts. If you can give COO will be most appreciated.

A very nice piece of ranchu. I would also think that this is a Japanese ranchu. Had been in good hands but the current owner does not keep it well thats why the colour is so bad.

Ranchu Lover 15-04-2005 02:04 PM

Just another point to add. This ranchu looks very similar to an Ishikawa that I used to own(Ishikawa was told by the person that sold me the ranchu, so I cannot verify). The main difference is that mine the tail is not so beautiful and that the head growth is slightly sharper and not as broad as this one. Mine the colour is very kwat red one. When stationery, it will always point its head down by about 15 degrees. Swmming is excellent. When I bought it last year, it was bbr. But after change colour, sian liao. Gave it away because I love full red ranchu. Those type that is red from head to tail, top to bottom.