Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Where to catch wild guppy? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349946)

ahpek_lion 24-12-2008 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6451134)
how are your platies?

1 baby and 1 adult died this morning. I think cos ytd raining and rain water splashed into the tank :(

But the rest healthy ... hope the preggy mama give birth soon

detritus 24-12-2008 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahpek_lion (Post 6451303)
1 baby and 1 adult died this morning. I think cos ytd raining and rain water splashed into the tank :(

But the rest healthy ... hope the preggy mama give birth soon

could be a combination of factors... don't think rainwater alone is that poisonous... if it was, your whole tank up lorry already.

considered the filter yet?

ahpek_lion 25-12-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6451325)
could be a combination of factors... don't think rainwater alone is that poisonous... if it was, your whole tank up lorry already.

considered the filter yet?

Yea... i considering but duno where to place my tank. Cos now it is in the balcony which has lots of light but no power plug. If place in the house, my parents will make noise. :(

detritus 25-12-2008 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahpek_lion (Post 6454255)
Yea... i considering but duno where to place my tank. Cos now it is in the balcony which has lots of light but no power plug. If place in the house, my parents will make noise. :(

try to work within your constraints.

if family really not supportive of pets, you must consider if you can pursue this hobby at this time.

u do not want to be unintentionally cruel to your pets by not being able to provide them with the proper care.

no point trying to make do with a "minimalist" set-up and u end up picking dead fish out of your tank all the time.

u can replenish your tank with cheap guppies, mollies or platies or even catch them free from the longkang but the end result will be the same: dead fish because your set-up is not enough for their healthy survival.

even if they survive, they won't be healthy.

i can sense that you care for your fishes and u want to pursue this hobby but its better to have your family's understanding and support.

its not right to do what they don't agree with as everyone is living in the same house.

lindavw 26-12-2008 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6454651)
try to work within your constraints.

if family really not supportive of pets, you must consider if you can pursue this hobby at this time.

u do not want to be unintentionally cruel to your pets by not being able to provide them with the proper care.

no point trying to make do with a "minimalist" set-up and u end up picking dead fish out of your tank all the time.

u can replenish your tank with cheap guppies, mollies or platies or even catch them free from the longkang but the end result will be the same: dead fish because your set-up is not enough for their healthy survival.

even if they survive, they won't be healthy.

i can sense that you care for your fishes and u want to pursue this hobby but its better to have your family's understanding and support.

its not right to do what they don't agree with as everyone is living in the same house.

where is further seaview longkang??? wkend sat morning n afternoon how???
its been raining cats n dogs recently and daily...
Can someone enlighten me where is this place? so i can go recce first wif my bike to see if the place need long or short nets safe to wade down into the stream anot... or anyone hardcore enuff to go tonite??? hahaha

detritus 26-12-2008 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6456883)
where is further seaview longkang??? wkend sat morning n afternoon how???
its been raining cats n dogs recently and daily...
Can someone enlighten me where is this place? so i can go recce first wif my bike to see if the place need long or short nets safe to wade down into the stream anot... or anyone hardcore enuff to go tonite??? hahaha

LOL! Dun go at night la! so dark how to catch?

seaview and straits aquarium are both at seletar west farmway. near jalan kayu.

the place quite ulu. best to go in the day.

i also not sure which longkang as the whole stretch there all fish farms. some fish may escape when they flush their tanks.

lindavw 26-12-2008 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6457107)
LOL! Dun go at night la! so dark how to catch?

seaview and straits aquarium are both at seletar west farmway. near jalan kayu.

the place quite ulu. best to go in the day.

i also not sure which longkang as the whole stretch there all fish farms. some fish may escape when they flush their tanks.

bro if hardcore enuff that's always something call torchlight ma.
seletar farmway???

i used to catch pencil fish at the jln kayu camp right side there's a very big longkang there last time. so long neva go there already. the place totally destroyed by the SAF.
like that maybe tonite i go recce... anyone got any pic to that place? i mean the longkang or stream? i stay quite near there...

lindavw 26-12-2008 01:29 PM

I checked out the place on google earth n streetdirectory liaoz.
Seletar farmway 1 n 3 is where the said straits is located.
there might be a drain or stream leading to seletar farmway 4 n 5.
so to get to this stream/drain, there muz be a drain or stream at SFW 1 & 3...
BUT most of the area which might have stream is in the forested area... i have been there once if not wrong, there is a drain... still need long net to reach the water... or who gungho enuff to go into the water. should be waist or knee deep.

detritus 26-12-2008 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6457718)
I checked out the place on google earth n streetdirectory liaoz.
Seletar farmway 1 n 3 is where the said straits is located.
there might be a drain or stream leading to seletar farmway 4 n 5.
so to get to this stream/drain, there muz be a drain or stream at SFW 1 & 3...
BUT most of the area which might have stream is in the forested area... i have been there once if not wrong, there is a drain... still need long net to reach the water... or who gungho enuff to go into the water. should be waist or knee deep.

me in no hurry. will detour and recce on my own when i next go to seaview for supplies.

lindavw 26-12-2008 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6457812)
me in no hurry. will detour and recce on my own when i next go to seaview for supplies.

aiyo muz have first party to comb the area first ma hahaha but remember first party if got good stuff sure taken up first ma hahahaha
second party only get the grade 2 stuff. but im not greedy... i only wan 4 nice pc to breed heehee...
FCFS basis wat....:D