Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   To shine or not to shine GFs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=514687)

TVR 30-08-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenson (Post 9493999)
So far only shine them in the morning and at night. But I flip open the part which allow me to throw in pellets to allow some air exchange and releases of condensation

Hi Jenson,
May I know the size of your tank with how many fish?
Thanks!

jenson 30-08-2013 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVR (Post 9494012)
Hi Jenson,
May I know the size of your tank with how many fish?
Thanks!

The tank only 30L and currently overstocked with 6 fishes as seen in photos.

TVR 30-08-2013 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenson (Post 9494014)
The tank only 30L and currently overstocked with 6 fishes as seen in photos.

If it is the tank you have shown, I believe the fish will be under extreme stress.
Any fish in there with that strong current from your filtration and small area will have no way to rest fighting the current 24/7.:(

jenson 30-08-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TVR (Post 9494029)
If it is the tank you have shown, I believe the fish will be under extreme stress.
Any fish in there with that strong current from your filtration and small area will have no way to rest fighting the current 24/7.:(

Oops thanks for pointing out.maybe I should reduce the flow rate to the minimum level

SKG 30-08-2013 02:34 PM

Your gfs surely be happier if you switch to my earlier suggestion of using air stone only. :)

Heuer 30-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG (Post 9494067)
Your gfs surely be happier if you switch to my earlier suggestion of using air stone only. :)

+100. I can't imagine they live in a washing machine 24/7. :(

jenson 30-08-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG (Post 9494067)

I get what you mean bro, but I did noticed they will rest at the front half of the tank coz the flow is mainly at the second half of the tank away from the side you all see in the photo. Hopefully by reducing the flow rate would make them happier.

Currently before the next upgrade not possible to use airpump and air stone. Invested in hydra and running together with the bundled filter. Though the guy did told us to remove the built in filter on top of the tank since using hydra 20 now. But I just a bit KS and leave it there :-p

Will plan for the tank setup for the next upgrade.

jenson 30-08-2013 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heuer (Post 9494078)
+100. I can't imagine they live in a washing machine 24/7. :(

Haha well said. I laughed :-p

TVR 30-08-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenson (Post 9494079)
I get what you mean bro, but I did noticed they will rest at the front half of the tank coz the flow is mainly at the second half of the tank away from the side you all see in the photo. Hopefully by reducing the flow rate would make them happier.

Currently before the next upgrade not possible to use airpump and air stone. Invested in hydra and running together with the bundled filter. Though the guy did told us to remove the built in filter on top of the tank since using hydra 20 now. But I just a bit KS and leave it there :-p

Bro,
Frankly, this tank is not suitable at all for GF and that filter takes up almost 1/4 of its space. Even lowering it will not help, but changing to a airstone will at least calm the water a little. I have a few new spare pump and lots of airstone. You can contact me at 86165526 to collect them. :)

Ronald 30-08-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenson (Post 9494079)

Bro, this tank seems like for simple shrimp/tetra and planted setup. Not for goldfish at all! Really pity them....
Think it's better for the goldfish if you can just buy one of those big Toyogo plastic storage box and just use a simple sponge filter to keep them.