Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Singapore Politics (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Another Lee Squabble (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538586)

satan_gal 15-06-2017 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeeHuat (Post 9993216)
Just demolish the house in the first place then no such trouble. LKY already wants it torn down.

Discuss for what, ministerial committee, etc. No trouble, go look for it.

Maybe..... just maybe... waitin for next GE.... hold a great party.. remind ppl who was daddy.. how much daddy did for u...

and flash his face across TV few more months wif videos etc... and finally the wrecking ball comes flying..... and the votes goes up up and awayyyy

kuay5 15-06-2017 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by satan_gal (Post 9993240)
Maybe..... just maybe... waitin for next GE.... hold a great party.. remind ppl who was daddy.. how much daddy did for u...

and flash his face across TV few more months wif videos etc... and finally the wrecking ball comes flying..... and the votes goes up up and awayyyy

Hmmm haha. maybe... announce big big, and the old house is set as a national monument like, the Sun Yat Sen house. Then National day show the house.

globalcookie 15-06-2017 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhtan (Post 9993209)
And the whole of Singapore knows that PAP leaders have a reputation to defend
Any allegations that are not true, that defame them, they will sue

Let's see if this comes to pass

SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Sunday (Apr 10) responded to comments made on Facebook by his sister Lee Wei Ling claiming he was "abusing his power".
In a statement on Facebook, Mr Lee said: “I am deeply saddened by my sister Dr Lee Wei Ling’s claim that I have abused my power to commemorate the one-year anniversary of Mr Lee Kuan Yew’s passing in order to establish a dynasty. The accusations are completely untrue."

Read more at http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...pm-lee-8192882

He didn't sue.
Quote:

Originally Posted by hkh (Post 9993214)
Well the Kim family certainly think they own and can run North Korea at will.......

Communist country ma

Quote:

Originally Posted by kuay5 (Post 9993242)
Hmmm haha. maybe... announce big big, and the old house is set as a national monument like, the Sun Yat Sen house. Then National day show the house.

I do agree that it be set to national monument if it is open to public, and the history of pre-independence and the struggles, some of the then secret meetings (not details but some info) be provided in the building and made into a museum.

satan_gal 15-06-2017 11:07 AM

I assume princess still livin there?
Or rather.. she has the rights to live there till the house gets demolished?

F la.. just leave a gas stove on, forget abt it and something's gonna go..
Screw conservation or wad nonsense about heritage.

kuay5 15-06-2017 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globalcookie (Post 9993244)
I do agree that it be set to national monument if it is open to public, and the history of pre-independence and the struggles, some of the then secret meetings (not details but some info) be provided in the building and made into a museum.

But this would be against the old man's publicized wish and will. He wants it torn down.

In my opinion, just tear it down. A museum or monument can be build anywhere, when we think of LKY we don't really straight away think or relate Oxley house to him, or for me at least. Don't have to be die die must be there. :confused:

loveikan 15-06-2017 02:27 PM

Old lee wants it to be opened to his descendants only not public.

Btw my ex customer in Taiwan said the recent Lee squabblings reported in their news too...
He said tree falls monkeys disperse:p

streetsmart73 15-06-2017 03:56 PM

Just demolish the thing. After all, it is lawfully stipulated in the deceased's will.

Why is There a ministerial committee to undermine someone's will.

To whom such committee report to? Everyone guess.

What a waste of public resources and monies. DIEW.

BlueC 15-06-2017 05:29 PM

Respect the old man wish.
Anyway, many Singaporean does not associate LKY with Oxley House.
Which part of Singapore??? :confused:

KeeHuat 15-06-2017 06:22 PM

The court already granted the probate to the executors of the will.

Does the whatever commission now want to challenge the court on the authenticity of the will. Commission should ask the court the questions, who drafted the will, etc. The horse already bolted long time ago and now the commission wants to close the door.

globalcookie 15-06-2017 06:33 PM

Yes thus since the old man doesn't want his house to be open to public, and his wishes is to have it demolished, than so be it that it has to go.
Why is it that they want to subject it to cabinet to earmark it as monument?