Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Qian Hu (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   OF Hydra 30 Internal Filter (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473667)

Qian Hu 19-06-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanleow (Post 9425343)
Hi QH, I would like to check if I can use this as a pump by modifying a tube to fit the outlet head and use it as a sump pump? I understand the flow the flow might not be strong enough but I'm using the Hydra 50 for a 200litre tank, so I believe it should be sufficient. I'm not sure worried about the flow as my lifestock will be low as this is not going to be predatory tank.

Hi, we will not recommend it that you modify it and use it as a sump tank return pump as Hydra 50 is not design this way and might not have the effective head max and will cause stress to the motor.

Wymun 19-06-2013 04:46 PM

Hi,

Just bought a Hydra Stream 1.

Just 1 question on install - Is the device directional? Meaning how do you tell which is the inlet and outlet, or is it not important? Thanks.

Qian Hu 19-06-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wymun (Post 9426749)
Hi,

Just bought a Hydra Stream 1.

Just 1 question on install - Is the device directional? Meaning how do you tell which is the inlet and outlet, or is it not important? Thanks.

Hi,

Hydra stream is not directional and you may treat either way as inlet or outlet for your preference setup.

50cents 01-08-2013 09:23 PM

Hi, I had installed Hydra 20 a week ago for my 60 litre goldfish tank and I find significant reduce in Nitrate. But, I see continuing rising of the amonia level at >8mg/l

So, can u pls advise what could be went wrong?

Aro2626 05-08-2013 12:23 PM

hmm... just wondering is this thing reliable or no as i am eager to try one?

seem like there is a few negative feedback on this.

Those with negative feedback, the QH doesnt reply to their post.

ricksly 05-08-2013 01:00 PM

no device is perfect. just like if you are lucky u get a ak brand dvd player it can use up to 10 yrs also wont spoilt, but if u are suay u get a so brand it can actually spoilt the monment u use it.

Qian Hu 05-08-2013 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro2626 (Post 9471989)
hmm... just wondering is this thing reliable or no as i am eager to try one?

seem like there is a few negative feedback on this.

Those with negative feedback, the QH doesnt reply to their post.

Hi Bro,

Thanks for your interest in getting hydra stream for your tank setup. You may want to contact our retail on how to go about on your purchase as i understand that you are not in Singapore. Thanks.

As for the reliability, so far we acknowledge that we do have some pump which the impeller might have broken down but that is very minor qty. As much as we will want to have a perfect products, but we can only try to minimise the defect and not totally eliminate it. Thanks for the understanding.

Qian Hu 05-08-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50cents (Post 9469279)
Hi, I had installed Hydra 20 a week ago for my 60 litre goldfish tank and I find significant reduce in Nitrate. But, I see continuing rising of the amonia level at >8mg/l

So, can u pls advise what could be went wrong?

Hi,

The cata pure which hydra is using is releasing strong reactive Hydroxyl (OH) ions, which is the key to the cleansing reactions. It constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia

Most Ammonia Test Kits in the market measures Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN). They measure the total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium(NH4+) in the water. Hydro Pure Technology constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia. Therefore, it is normal that these test kit results in high readings as they measure total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium (NH4+).

Aro2626 05-08-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9472096)
Hi Bro,

Thanks for your interest in getting hydra stream for your tank setup. You may want to contact our retail on how to go about on your purchase as i understand that you are not in Singapore. Thanks.

As for the reliability, so far we acknowledge that we do have some pump which the impeller might have broken down but that is very minor qty. As much as we will want to have a perfect products, but we can only try to minimise the defect and not totally eliminate it. Thanks for the understanding.

Allright bro, I managed to get a singaporean fren to source for me at some retail store.
Thanks for the feed back. Will be getting the stream 2.
Really appreciate for the fast reply.

itchy 05-08-2013 07:58 PM

Sorry a noob question:

Does the hydra lowers nitrate ?
My ammonia n nitrite are 0 n my concern is the high nitrate .

Qian Hu 07-08-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itchy (Post 9472480)
Sorry a noob question:

Does the hydra lowers nitrate ?
My ammonia n nitrite are 0 n my concern is the high nitrate .

Hydro Pure Technology creates stable and pristine “live” water similar to that of natural river stream rich in micro nutrients and minerals.

It also helps to keep Nitrites NO2 and Nitrates NO3 to minimum levels at all times

nerd 07-08-2013 01:59 PM

replacement cartridge

Hi, where can I buy the replacement cartridge?

a list will do good

itchy 07-08-2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9474251)
Hydro Pure Technology creates stable and pristine “live” water similar to that of natural river stream rich in micro nutrients and minerals.

It also helps to keep Nitrites NO2 and Nitrates NO3 to minimum levels at all times

Thanks for your prompt reply. Can elaborate what you meant by minimum level? 0?

fdelity 13-08-2013 10:57 AM

Hi, where can we get hydra 40 or 50? Available in c328?

marcuslee80 13-08-2013 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdelity (Post 9478671)
Hi, where can we get hydra 40 or 50? Available in c328?

i bought 2 sets from c328 at reasonably good price. am thinking of buying more. :D:D

gcce 13-08-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9472107)
Hi,

The cata pure which hydra is using is releasing strong reactive Hydroxyl (OH) ions, which is the key to the cleansing reactions. It constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia

Most Ammonia Test Kits in the market measures Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN). They measure the total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium(NH4+) in the water. Hydro Pure Technology constantly pushes the ionization of toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+, thus greatly preventing fish kill due to toxic Ammonia. Therefore, it is normal that these test kit results in high readings as they measure total sum of toxic Ammonia (NH3) and non-toxic Ammonium (NH4+).

Hi Qian Hu,
I'm interested in your product and would like to find out more .....
I'm a little confused per your response above.
If the Ammonia test kits measures TAN, and Hydro Pure Technology pushes toxic Ammonia NH3 into non-toxic Ammonium NH4+.... shouldn't the TAN after using the Hydro filter remain the same (or even lesser) vs the TAN before using the Hydro filter? The difference should be lesser toxic ammonia and more non-toxic ammonia after using the filter? TAN stays constant unless BB further breaks it down to nitrites.... then the TAN should drop.
In the situation mentioned by 50cents.... it appears TAN went up .... is this expected? Or maybe this is a new tank and ammonia is spiking?

Thanks

Qian Hu 16-08-2013 02:57 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe many people have similar questions and doubts. We will answer as below.

There are many kinds of aquarium set up and they can have many differences, in tank size, number of fishes, types of fishes, size of fishes, types and size of filtrations, planted tanks, marine tanks…etc.
Perhaps let us explain the Working Principles of Hydra in layman terms so that everyone can understand better, when they apply it to their own aquarium setup.

Hydra basically functions as a Detoxing Depurator for aquariums.
Hydra detoxifies harmful toxic Ammonia NH3 to non-toxic Ammonium NH4+. Hydra also oxidizes toxic nitrites to non-toxic Nitrate.
Hydra’s continuous reaction eventually yields Nitrogen N and Water, so it depurates the water.

Firstly, let us understand the nitrogen cycle:

Fish waste and leftover feeds -> Ammonia(Toxic)/Ammonium(Non-toxic) -> Nitrite(toxic)-> Nitrate(non-toxic)-> Nitrogen

When Hydra is switched on, yes, Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise initially.
The reason is, the Ammonia is being pushed to become Ammonium. The Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise, because fresh ammonia is still being produced by the fish waste and feeding.

Yes, Nitrite will drop because it is being oxidized to Nitrate by Hydra. Nitrate will rise slightly and stabilize eventually. This is fine because nitrate is non-toxic.

In general, Hydra works as a detoxifier and depurator for your aquarium.

nerd 16-08-2013 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9481471)
Hi,

Thank you for your question. I believe many people have similar questions and doubts. We will answer as below.

There are many kinds of aquarium set up and they can have many differences, in tank size, number of fishes, types of fishes, size of fishes, types and size of filtrations, planted tanks, marine tanks…etc.
Perhaps let us explain the Working Principles of Hydra in layman terms so that everyone can understand better, when they apply it to their own aquarium setup.

Hydra basically functions as a Detoxing Depurator for aquariums.
Hydra detoxifies harmful toxic Ammonia NH3 to non-toxic Ammonium NH4+. Hydra also oxidizes toxic nitrites to non-toxic Nitrate.
Hydra’s continuous reaction eventually yields Nitrogen N and Water, so it depurates the water.

Firstly, let us understand the nitrogen cycle:

Fish waste and leftover feeds -> Ammonia(Toxic)/Ammonium(Non-toxic) -> Nitrite(toxic)-> Nitrate(non-toxic)-> Nitrogen

When Hydra is switched on, yes, Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise initially.
The reason is, the Ammonia is being pushed to become Ammonium. The Total Ammonia Nitrogen (TAN) will rise, because fresh ammonia is still being produced by the fish waste and feeding.

Yes, Nitrite will drop because it is being oxidized to Nitrate by Hydra. Nitrate will rise slightly and stabilize eventually. This is fine because nitrate is non-toxic.

In general, Hydra works as a detoxifier and depurator for your aquarium.

Hi,

I enjoying my Hydra cos it keeps things simple for me.

I know that the cartridges is only for change once a year.
However, I am thinking of replacing after every 9 months since it is switched on 24/7 for me.

You haven't tell me where I can buy....

I stay in Seng Kang so I won't be able to head to your office. Hehe.

Qian Hu 16-08-2013 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nerd (Post 9481492)
Hi,

I enjoying my Hydra cos it keeps things simple for me.

I know that the cartridges is only for change once a year.
However, I am thinking of replacing after every 9 months since it is switched on 24/7 for me.

You haven't tell me where I can buy....

I stay in Seng Kang so I won't be able to head to your office. Hehe.

Hi,

The new Hydra cartridge is not launch yet in the market and will most likely will only be available in most LFS end of this year.

Aro2626 16-08-2013 09:46 PM

Hydra Stream 2

Finally got myself one OF Hydra Stream 2.

Sharing on the stream 2 photo and installation manual.
I believe other people also wondering how the system look like.

Until I hold one today specially bought by a Singaporean friend and send over to me.

Really thankful for his kindness for driving all the way to YI HU at Jalan Lekar and delivered to orchard hotel.

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...26/stream2.jpg

http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m...ualstream2.jpg

I wish for those who like to buy one of this can know how is the setup look like.

ftech 17-08-2013 09:21 PM

Hydra 20

I have been using the Hydra20 for a few months now for my simple 2ft tank. There is no other filtration in it. I am just a typical average fish hobbyist that play with simple bare minimum setup. All my life I have tried many internal filters before and also sponge filters, overhead filters, hand on filters etc... This Hydra filter is quite amazing. Every week I change 10% of water. Haven't even open the hydra to wash before. Somehow the water always just remains clear and no smell at all. 50 over assorted small fishes and shrimps are healthy. I must say, all my Iife, I have never seen an internal filter work so well before.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/4340/xsam.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

fdelity 17-08-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftech (Post 9482373)
I have been using the Hydra20 for a few months now for my simple 2ft tank. There is no other filtration in it. I am just a typical average fish hobbyist that play with simple bare minimum setup. All my life I have tried many internal filters before and also sponge filters, overhead filters, hand on filters etc... This Hydra filter is quite amazing. Every week I change 10% of water. Haven't even open the hydra to wash before. Somehow the water always just remains clear and no smell at all. 50 over assorted small fishes and shrimps are healthy. I must say, all my Iife, I have never seen an internal filter work so well before.

Bro, how many cartridge use inside hydra20 ?

ftech 17-08-2013 10:42 PM

Hydra20 only got 1 cartridge but good enough for my simple tank with small fishes. hydra 20 flow is just right for 2ft tank. Hydra30 flow will be too strong for the fishes.

jenson 18-08-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftech (Post 9482373)

Bro, does this Hydra 20 emits lots of air bubbles? Mine just gotten it setup today, so far barely see air bubbles but water flow is strong enough, my gfs are livelier and very active with that in addition to my existing filter.

ftech 18-08-2013 09:09 AM

Hi bro, I did not fix the air tube, and I place below the water surface, so I didn't have any air bubbles. If u did not use the tubing, and u put the top of the hydra at the water surface, it may draw bubbles. Else u can adjust the flow rate slower to reduce the bubbles being drawn.

fdelity 18-08-2013 09:18 AM

Bro, how to adjust the flowrate?

jenson 18-08-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftech (Post 9482781)
Hi bro, I did not fix the air tube, and I place below the water surface, so I didn't have any air bubbles. If u did not use the tubing, and u put the top of the hydra at the water surface, it may draw bubbles. Else u can adjust the flow rate slower to reduce the bubbles being drawn.

Bro, mine also have the unit below the surface but i just attach the tube. I tot its supposed to be put below water to achieve best results?so far day 2 still crystal clear.

jenson 18-08-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdelity (Post 9482784)
Bro, how to adjust the flowrate?

There's a control with a + - sign each at one side, its between the upper and lower part of the unit. To increase the flow rate, just slide towards + more

ftech 18-08-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenson (Post 9482793)
Bro, mine also have the unit below the surface but i just attach the tube. I tot its supposed to be put below water to achieve best results?so far day 2 still crystal clear.

Hi bro, if u want bubbles, the hydra must be place near water surface. If too deep, it do not have the drawing pressure to suck bubble from the top. Secondly, if u also use the black attachment at the other end of the tube, that thing can be adjusted for amount of air bubble.

marcuslee80 18-08-2013 10:16 AM

if u r a itchy-backside person like me whom always buy fishes whenever u liked resulting in overstocking.. hydra is a a good complimentary product.. my main tank 5x2.5x2.5 was running with a 4 ft sump and 2x hydra 50 with over 20 fishes with 2 5 inch ray... all eating and water crystal clear... :)

jenson 18-08-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftech (Post 9482802)
Hi bro, if u want bubbles, the hydra must be place near water surface. If too deep, it do not have the drawing pressure to suck bubble from the top. Secondly, if u also use the black attachment at the other end of the tube, that thing can be adjusted for amount of air bubble.

Thanks for the detailed knowledge transfer bro :-)

ftech 18-08-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marcuslee80 (Post 9482810)
if u r a itchy-backside person like me whom always buy fishes whenever u liked resulting in overstocking.. hydra is a a good complimentary product.. my main tank 5x2.5x2.5 was running with a 4 ft sump and 2x hydra 50 with over 20 fishes with 2 5 inch ray... all eating and water crystal clear... :)

Haha, Hydra is like buying insurance.
Yah man, my water always clear, no smell no clouding. The cartridge works wonder.

jenson 18-08-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftech (Post 9482832)
Haha, Hydra is like buying insurance.
Yah man, my water always clear, no smell no clouding. The cartridge works wonder.

Agreed with both of you

Qian Hu 16-12-2013 03:18 PM

Dear friends ,

Currently we are having a hydra challenge contest on going at our facebook page .Participate Now and you could win one of 10 exclusive OF® Hydra aquarium depurators!
Simply snap a photo and describe to us in not more than 90 words why you could use a new Hydra filter.

Contest: https://www.facebook.com/QianHuAcces...87166518141362

cool79 10-05-2014 10:04 PM

My tank is 200 liter tank, is it okay to use hydra 50 instead of 40? Will it still be effective? I may upgrade the tank in about 1-2 yrs time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Qian Hu 15-05-2014 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cool79 (Post 9678261)
My tank is 200 liter tank, is it okay to use hydra 50 instead of 40? Will it still be effective? I may upgrade the tank in about 1-2 yrs time

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Friend, hydra 40 is enough for your tank capacity. :)

Aro2626 15-05-2014 10:32 PM

Hi QH,
Is hydra 30 for 2.5ft x 1.5ft x 1ft tank sufficient?
Do I need to add other external filtration?
Keeping only single aro about 6inch.

When I move to 5ft tank. Can the hydra 30 sufficient to support also?

Please reply.

cool79 17-05-2014 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qian Hu (Post 9681370)
Hi Friend, hydra 40 is enough for your tank capacity. :)

can hydra40 support 5 feet tank? or even 6 feet?

kelvinlowky73 21-05-2014 03:58 PM

Hydra 30

Hi, I need expert to advise me. As i just bought the Hydra 30 and installed yesterday. Somehow I could not see the air bubble appeared inside the tank. But I could feel the air wave blowing when place hand nearest to the unit. Is there something wrong with the setup?

beachboii 25-05-2014 01:31 AM

i am trying to replace the hydra 30 catapure cartridge. May i know where can i get a replacement as i had been using mine for 1year.