Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

ThomasLim 04-05-2016 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin81 (Post 9947737)
HI bro
very impressive setup. Can I ask what is the material used for the shades or roof?

Laminate glass. A requirement from our MO :o

Thks for nice comments :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFireSG (Post 9947777)
Bro. Take a photo of the contents of your filter. I'm sure many folk are interested to see your secret to making the water so crystal clear.

Aiyo bro, u dont make me embarrass by showing my simple filtration la :rolleyes: I am just hoping to see your pond and your whole filtration as you have not updated for some time. Let us take a look at yours :)

Saying the filter, the last time I open up my wooden decks to check on the midges are a few days back. Disappointed as I could still find a handful of midges around. Thought they will be fully wipe out :confused: I add in some more "donuts" and cover the decks back. Maybe is time to check again :D
Btw, I found there are snails at my compartments as well :( 一波未平 一波又起 :o should I just leave the snails alone? Any advise?

Bro Denser, regarding the maker, probably you whatsapp me (91716751) and I tell u privately...

Cheers!

DragonFireSG 05-05-2016 08:37 AM

Regarding the midges. Are there any more midge larva? The midges may not be from your pond, but are there looking to lay eggs. The BTI is to prevent those eggs from developing. They do nothing for the adults. Can't comment on snails heh. Interesting how they pop up from nowhere. The larva must have come in when you introduced water plants or new fish.

DragonFireSG 05-05-2016 08:39 AM

And oh I will post an update when I finish installing some new equipment.

sirwin81 05-05-2016 09:20 AM

I suspected glass but a friend of mine told it might have been acrylic or polycarbonate material stuff ( assuming I get the spelling right). Would you be so kind to take more pic of the shades coz I m trying to get some ideas on how to build a shade for some "project" and I could really use all the nice design to show to the empress dowager at home
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9948012)
Laminate glass. A requirement from our MO :o

Thks for nice comments :)


Cheers!


ThomasLim 06-05-2016 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin81 (Post 9948095)
I suspected glass but a friend of mine told it might have been acrylic or polycarbonate material stuff ( assuming I get the spelling right). Would you be so kind to take more pic of the shades coz I m trying to get some ideas on how to build a shade for some "project" and I could really use all the nice design to show to the empress dowager at home

Bro, I thot I had attached 2 pics of the shelters? Not enough? :D basically all about the same. Here is a link for u to vompare between glass and polycarbonate. http://www.envi.sg/awnings/polycarbonate-roof/

Take not when u use glass, please make sure u use laminate glass :)

ThomasLim 06-05-2016 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9948396)
Bro, I thot I had attached 2 pics of the shelters? Not enough? :D basically all about the same. Here is a link for u to vompare between glass and polycarbonate. http://www.envi.sg/awnings/polycarbonate-roof/

Take not when u use glass, please make sure u use laminate glass :)

For info, I do not know the contractor in the link...:o mine is done by another very nice gentleman. Thumb up for my shelter contractor.

ThomasLim 09-05-2016 12:12 PM

For bros that are checking with me on the midges issues. Yes! It is solved! The 'donut' works! :D I opened up the the wooden decking of the filtration, only 1 (or 2?) midge flying out :eek: cannot believe it :D bros who are having midges problem as me, will know how happy I am :) I just not sure if I should continue putting the 'donut' or I should just stop? :rolleyes:

Cheers!

DragonFireSG 09-05-2016 06:02 PM

Just leave nuts in. They are non toxic to fish.

At least they claim to be :)

ThomasLim 11-05-2016 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonFireSG (Post 9948946)
Just leave nuts in. They are non toxic to fish.

At least they claim to be :)

Thanks bro :) I just afraid that the fish might look ok for short term but actually unhealthy for long term usage... I will use till this pack of 'donut' finished then just leave as it is till further action is required again :)

Btw, any bro here is very good in wifi cctv setting? Those China brand, I need some help :(

fireblade 12-05-2016 10:21 AM

wah... looks like you have a new problem!

birds or human?


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 10:41 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)