Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

Aro77 26-09-2016 11:29 AM

sorry for your loss bro. little bit difficult to diagnose the issue. was there any rain last night that may have caused a sudden drop in PH? or anything?

perhaps the next batch of pups please have a proper basket and maybe a cover too? since yours is an outdoor setup it could have been too open for the pups? i normally cover my pups basket for the first 2 days for my semi out door tanks as i feel the pups alittle bit uncomfortable in a so open environment.

maybe when ever you free drop me a text i will send you some photos of the basket.

for now just feed the female well and once she is well rested and eating well again then maybe u can consider getting a new male for the FGT. Cheers.

ThomasLim 27-09-2016 05:24 PM

Thks bro for the advise... I will just let her be alone for the moment. Dont feel like introducing any male to stress her and myself :)

Today remove the partition and the other fishes seem happy to have the extra spsce to swim again :)

I have a xbelly high back which is giving me headache... She only takes mealworm and refuses to convert to any other food... No matter how I starve her, no use... Sianz... :(

Aro77 27-09-2016 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9970351)
Thks bro for the advise... I will just let her be alone for the moment. Dont feel like introducing any male to stress her and myself :)

Today remove the partition and the other fishes seem happy to have the extra spsce to swim again :)

I have a xbelly high back which is giving me headache... She only takes mealworm and refuses to convert to any other food... No matter how I starve her, no use... Sianz... :(

how long has the fight been going on ? i have 1 that took me a long 3 month fight before accepting kunning , now greedily eating chopped kunning with bones too :D

just continue waiting , monkey see monkey do. they see their friends enjoying the frozens , eventually they will accept when they are hungry.

ThomasLim 28-09-2016 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9970358)
how long has the fight been going on ? i have 1 that took me a long 3 month fight before accepting kunning , now greedily eating chopped kunning with bones too :D

just continue waiting , monkey see monkey do. they see their friends enjoying the frozens , eventually they will accept when they are hungry.

Bro Aro77, this is a tough question for me :o When I intro this aro into my pond 1+ years ago, it is one of the few aro that being bullied and constantly hid at the back of the pond swimming against the water flow outlet... I cannot do anything and so I just leave it alone to adapt to the environment. After quite a long time (maybe few months later) when I saw it finally swimming to the front. By then I notice one of its eye is gone, very heartache to see that... I also find that it becomes very skinny... Only when it came to the front then I noticed that it is not taking the kuning that I fed. When I bought the mealworm, then I finally see her eating... From then I paid extra attention to her and notice she didnt take any other food except the mealworm :(
I only buy mealworms once a while... So she only eats little, I guess...
Yesterday I notice that her other eye is cloudy as well :eek: I brought home a tank and separate her with med and heater... Hopefully she will recover soon...

Do you think I should dont care and just continue the kuning and no more mealworm? I think she will starve herself to death rather than accept other food :( she is so skinny and weak now...

Aro77 29-09-2016 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9970476)
Bro Aro77, this is a tough question for me :o When I intro this aro into my pond 1+ years ago, it is one of the few aro that being bullied and constantly hid at the back of the pond swimming against the water flow outlet... I cannot do anything and so I just leave it alone to adapt to the environment. After quite a long time (maybe few months later) when I saw it finally swimming to the front. By then I notice one of its eye is gone, very heartache to see that... I also find that it becomes very skinny... Only when it came to the front then I noticed that it is not taking the kuning that I fed. When I bought the mealworm, then I finally see her eating... From then I paid extra attention to her and notice she didnt take any other food except the mealworm :(
I only buy mealworms once a while... So she only eats little, I guess...
Yesterday I notice that her other eye is cloudy as well :eek: I brought home a tank and separate her with med and heater... Hopefully she will recover soon...

Do you think I should dont care and just continue the kuning and no more mealworm? I think she will starve herself to death rather than accept other food :( she is so skinny and weak now...


oh no this is bad. didnt know was so weak already. thought healthy young fella that was not willing to accept frozens.

At this point better to give her what ever she wants to eat and recover her back to good health and perhaps after that may consider either keeping her in a solo tank where she can strive without being bullied or maybe pass her to a friend or someone who can accommodate to keep her in an environment with much less competition and bullies.

ThomasLim 06-10-2016 12:13 AM

Yes bro, trying to save her eye... Still cloudy at the moment... :o

ThomasLim 12-11-2016 09:38 AM

A video to show how tamed my silver is... really my favourite fish as it will just swim to me whenever she sees me coming and allow me to 'sayang' her :)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...psev7vuwwp.mp4

Btw another of my pump also broke down a few days ago... so both my DAB pumps last around 1+ to 2 yrs before breaking down... :o

Aro77 12-11-2016 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9976021)
A video to show how tamed my silver is... really my favourite fish as it will just swim to me whenever she sees me coming and allow me to 'sayang' her :)

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...psev7vuwwp.mp4

Btw another of my pump also broke down a few days ago... so both my DAB pumps last around 1+ to 2 yrs before breaking down... :o

i also used to use DAB Pumps finally gave up on them as every time they break down , they trip my house. later i'll take a pic of all the spoilt ones in my storeroom

im currently using Amphi pumps by QH very very good energy saving compared to most pumps. How ever , recently one of them giving out electric , when ever put hand into water kena shock or if i use metal net i will also kena the shocks are really those strong ones not like static how ever dont know why its only me who kena , my helper put hand in no problem. i did Msg QH About it as will be quite wasted to change pump since its working so well but so far no reply. either ways i still bought another pump and going to change it tomorrow as i do need to continue putting my hands into the water and most of my nets are metal so going to be difficult to ''live'' like this..

so far this pump lasted me quite awhile already and still running strong

LauLanChu 13-11-2016 10:52 AM

Your pump has leak somewhere, advise you to change. Probably your maid has a higher pain tolerance or she is wearing some rubber sole. Use a test pen to test for leakage current.

I ever have pump beside tripping my whole house also spoilt the breaker. Lucky just a portion of the house without power. This pump when age water could go into some compartment and cause serious short circuit.

Aro77 13-11-2016 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauLanChu (Post 9976060)
Your pump has leak somewhere, advise you to change. Probably your maid has a higher pain tolerance or she is wearing some rubber sole. Use a test pen to test for leakage current.

I ever have pump beside tripping my whole house also spoilt the breaker. Lucky just a portion of the house without power. This pump when age water could go into some compartment and cause serious short circuit.

definitely not pain tolerance because the shocks are really strong - to the extend that arm feels little bit weird after the shock. maybe some rubber sole because i dont wear any foot wear while doing my fish work.

yes did do the test pen test awhile back thats why decided to buy new pump , today will be fixing it up. Thanks for the Advise


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)