Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freshwater Invertebrates Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Green tree frog (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=492921)

rainbatt 13-06-2012 05:57 PM

Anyone know are there fruit flies for sale?
Will fruit files be a good source of food for them?

Schmike 13-06-2012 06:18 PM

Finally got my replacements over the weekend after my pair passed away some time back.

All these we have in sg are the only frog species approved as pets.

Scientific name: Litoria caerulea

Some common names: Australian Green Tree Frog, White's Tree Frog, Dumpy Tree Frog, Smiley Tree Frog, etc...

Indonesian variants are known to be slightly bigger compared to the Australians. I believe what we have are the Australian variants.

Their color range frome bluish green to turqoise to green to olive.

rainbatt 13-06-2012 07:42 PM

Can share what happen to your pair so that maybe newbies like me can avoid doing wrong?
Thanks.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmike (Post 9035374)
Finally got my replacements over the weekend after my pair passed away some time back.

All these we have in sg are the only frog species approved as pets.

Scientific name: Litoria caerulea

Some common names: Australian Green Tree Frog, White's Tree Frog, Dumpy Tree Frog, Smiley Tree Frog, etc...

Indonesian variants are known to be slightly bigger compared to the Australians. I believe what we have are the Australian variants.

Their color range frome bluish green to turqoise to green to olive.

Schmike 13-06-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainbatt (Post 9035446)
Can share what happen to your pair so that maybe newbies like me can avoid doing wrong?
Thanks.

I'm not sure what's the cause. But have been keeping them since late 06 when they 1st got approved and went on sale.

smokescreen 13-06-2012 10:55 PM

Does the tank size limit their growth. Or they just keep growing with enough food. Anyone can share. I keep one piece. Two to three cricket per day. Supplement with meal worms

MiyukiRei 13-06-2012 11:10 PM

anybody knows why their colour got alot variety. went c328 that day saw some bright colour some very dull. isit like datnoid like that stable/unstable ?

GarLover 13-06-2012 11:10 PM

Change for canouflage

Schmike 13-06-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokescreen (Post 9035589)
Does the tank size limit their growth. Or they just keep growing with enough food. Anyone can share. I keep one piece. Two to three cricket per day. Supplement with meal worms

These frogs are prone to being obese. Always feed in moderation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiyukiRei (Post 9035612)
anybody knows why their colour got alot variety. went c328 that day saw some bright colour some very dull. isit like datnoid like that stable/unstable ?

Due to humidity, environment, etc... Nothing to do with being "stable" or not.

GarLover 13-06-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schmike (Post 9035679)
These frogs are prone to being obese. Always feed in moderation.

Obese oso cute:D

new_ 14-06-2012 12:01 AM

out of my 3 froggies, 2 of them seems to be always soaking in the water... is this normal?