Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guppy Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Sudden Guppy Diseases & Death (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504837)

jojoel 18-01-2013 03:13 PM

Sudden Guppy Diseases & Death

Hello people,

I've just gotten 2 female guppies from Yun Feng Quarium yesterday, acclimated them into my 20G planted tank yesterday & woke up to 1 dead guppy & 1 diseased guppy with symptoms of fin rot & some white stuff taken over part of its body, probably fungus attack.

I'm using ADA aquasoil & getting a pH reading of 6-6.5. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the deaths.

I also have another 7G cube with ADA soil & pH 6-6.5 with another female showing signs of lethargy...

Anything I can do to help them? Perhaps a salt bath? Is ADA soil bad for guppies? I heard guppies require neutral-alkaline water & hard water. But ADA softens water and makes it acidic... Can I add coral chips or shells to the filter to raise the hardness & pH?

basicsimple 18-01-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jojoel (Post 9273748)
Hello people,

I've just gotten 2 female guppies from Yun Feng Quarium yesterday, acclimated them into my 20G planted tank yesterday & woke up to 1 dead guppy & 1 diseased guppy with symptoms of fin rot & some white stuff taken over part of its body, probably fungus attack.

I'm using ADA aquasoil & getting a pH reading of 6-6.5. I'm wondering if this is the cause of the deaths.

I also have another 7G cube with ADA soil & pH 6-6.5 with another female showing signs of lethargy...

Anything I can do to help them? Perhaps a salt bath? Is ADA soil bad for guppies? I heard guppies require neutral-alkaline water & hard water. But ADA softens water and makes it acidic... Can I add coral chips or shells to the filter to raise the hardness & pH?

No need do anything...just catch it out to treat. Any other fish that is easy target to fungus? Use formalin and add a little bit of meth green with salt...3 days will recover. No need to do anything to ur planted tank.

kepala sakit 18-01-2013 10:41 PM

Planted are prone to parasites (fish lices) I've seen a guppy tail eaten half (not tail rod) within 4hrs, next day fish up lolly.

nefish 18-01-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by basicsimple (Post 9274017)
No need do anything...just catch it out to treat. Any other fish that is easy target to fungus? Use formalin and add a little bit of meth green with salt...3 days will recover. No need to do anything to ur planted tank.

formalin,use wif care....overdose will kill too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepala sakit (Post 9274064)
Planted are prone to parasites (fish lices) I've seen a guppy tail eaten half (not tail rod) within 4hrs, next day fish up lolly.

Put in ur pond maybe can cure automatically.....:D:)

kepala sakit 19-01-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nefish (Post 9274085)
Put in ur pond maybe can cure automatically.....:D:)

Up lolly faster wor~, cos, fast b'coming fish food...:D

nefish 19-01-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepala sakit (Post 9274151)
Up lolly faster wor~, cos, fast b'coming fish food...:D

Hahaha.....should be resevoir of miracle water....de 1 w/o your gold bars lah:D:p

kepala sakit 19-01-2013 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nefish (Post 9274164)
Hahaha.....should be resevoir of miracle water....de 1 w/o your gold bars lah:D:p

My pond, got many other predatory fish...The ancient RTG especially, has been preying on my Kois. nbz, an 8'' koi can juz disappear de wor.

Guppy!!! machiam tipbits....:eek::D