Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   African cichlids (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Any good place to view and buy African cichild? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=529037)

TES 25-11-2014 11:22 PM

Any good place to view and buy African cichild?

Hello all,

As above, appreciate your feedback which lfs or farm specialize in good variety of quality African cichlid. I had visited some lfs including Clementi, NKS, QH, Serangoon but quality not so good & variety very limited.

Thanks in advance.

Homester 25-11-2014 11:37 PM

Cichlids supplies.

Between Nippon Koi and QianHu

Young Man 26-11-2014 02:24 AM

there is still hobbyist out there. LFS still got JZX. what quality you looking for? are you ready to pay a premium for it?
cichlids supplies does stock some but i find the pricing way overboard.

TES 26-11-2014 11:47 AM

Thanks Homester and Young Man.

I'll recce these 2 places.

@Young Man, lol...I don't fancy luxury stuffs, betting on 4D/football...etc. But once in a while in spending on hobby that I really enjoy and to de-stress myself imo is a good investment. In any case, "premium" price is very subjective to each individual not to mention business cost are very much higher now than before so we can't expect prices to remain low. Haha...a small piece of prata kosong also now increased to $1 :eek:

johannes 26-11-2014 11:49 AM

There (CAS) the kosong prata price is about $3 if you are using that as an analogy. :p

Young Man 26-11-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TES (Post 9782608)
Young Man, lol...I don't fancy luxury stuffs, betting on 4D/football...etc. But once in a while in spending on hobby that I really enjoy and to de-stress myself imo is a good investment. In any case, "premium" price is very subjective to each individual not to mention business cost are very much higher now than before so we can't expect prices to remain low. Haha...a small piece of prata kosong also now increased to $1 :eek:

good that you are willing to spend on a quality piece. hope you find it soon :) but what do you mean by quality? the local scene aint that bad right? if want quality best is to buy from hobbyist :)

Young Man 26-11-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannes (Post 9782610)
There (CAS) the kosong prata price is about $3 if you are using that as an analogy. :p

hahahaha yes bro. $3 and not sure whether confirm kosong or not.

TES 26-11-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannes (Post 9782610)

Well noted with thanks.

I'll certainly go around to visit more lfs/farms and compare before deciding.

Cheers

TES 26-11-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Young Man (Post 9782638)
good that you are willing to spend on a quality piece. hope you find it soon :) but what do you mean by quality? the local scene aint that bad right? if want quality best is to buy from hobbyist :)

Perhaps those I saw were leftover from the last shipment.

Ok...will checkout the AF marketplace :)

Gowling 26-11-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TES (Post 9782657)
Perhaps those I saw were leftover from the last shipment.

Ok...will checkout the AF marketplace :)

Leftovers can be gem if you keep them well :)