Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Aquascapers Equipment, DIY and Hardware (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Cloudy water (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304217)

Marcusy 09-10-2007 06:53 PM

Cloudy water

need help again (sorry)new tank setup wif new layer of lapis sand(never wash b4 putting in the tank)after a few 80% water change but water cloudy after the next day . tank was set up on sat 6/10 now wif out any fish as to cycle the water. but in the canister just sponge and wool no media....

anyone have any ideas to clear up the water?

me thinking of puting those purifying power to clear up the water is is adviceable ? will it damage the biohome and the ceramic ring for the BB if i put in the power?

EvolutionZ 09-10-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcusy (Post 5552073)
need help again (sorry)new tank setup wif new layer of lapis sand(never wash b4 putting in the tank)after a few 80% water change but water cloudy after the next day . tank was set up on sat 6/10 now wif out any fish as to cycle the water. but in the canister just sponge and wool no media....

anyone have any ideas to clear up the water?

me thinking of puting those purifying power to clear up the water is is adviceable ? will it damage the biohome and the ceramic ring for the BB if i put in the power?

a few answers in point form
1) how can you not wash lapis sand? it contains lot sof powerish yellow thingy which makes your tank cloudy
2) since you have biohome and ceramic rings, its considererd as media liao... try not to add purifying powder. instead got yourself a liquid BB solution to dose into your tank for BB to cultivate faster.
3)dun do any WC now as to not destroy the BB cultivation.
just let it be and i believe after at most 1week the cloudiess will be gone.
hope i can helps you with the 3 points..
anyway, you dun have to say sorry. forums is opened for people to help oneanother if any bros and sis counter any problems:D
my 2cents

Marcusy 09-10-2007 11:47 PM

hi evo me haven put the biohm and the ceramic in the canister yet just normal wool in it tat all
Quote:

Originally Posted by EvolutionZ (Post 5552255)
a few answers in point form
1) how can you not wash lapis sand? it contains lot sof powerish yellow thingy which makes your tank cloudy
2) since you have biohome and ceramic rings, its considererd as media liao... try not to add purifying powder. instead got yourself a liquid BB solution to dose into your tank for BB to cultivate faster.
3)dun do any WC now as to not destroy the BB cultivation.
just let it be and i believe after at most 1week the cloudiess will be gone.
hope i can helps you with the 3 points..
anyway, you dun have to say sorry. forums is opened for people to help oneanother if any bros and sis counter any problems:D
my 2cents

koolman 10-10-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcusy (Post 5552708)
hi evo me haven put the biohm and the ceramic in the canister yet just normal wool in it tat all

As mention earlier, you should now bulid BB in your water. Just add the biohm and ceremic now to cycle your tank.

Cheers

Koolman

Mark Tan 10-10-2007 01:46 AM

I had this experiment before, I add Geo Liquid for plant tank into the tank. When I added the Geo liquid in the water turn very milky but it clear up in one and half day. Not sure it will work for you.
Best regards

EvolutionZ 10-10-2007 06:50 AM

bro, why dun u just add the biohome and ceramic in the filter? within few days water sure clear up.
dunno if this geo liquid or any water clearer is harmfull to BB or fishes anot.

Marcusy 10-10-2007 09:40 AM

ok tonight i put in the bio hm and ring see how it goes ...

tks all the bro who have given me all the tips :))

now finger cross hope water to be clear up after putting in the media see how it goes

o2bubble 10-10-2007 07:10 PM

I dun think it will clear up the water so fast for new filter media. Usually takes 1-2 weeks for the bacteria to grow in sufficient amount in filter.

EvolutionZ 10-10-2007 07:23 PM

yup. but i would choose using filter media to clear them instead of dosing any unkown liquid.
another way is to buy AC aka actived carbon. if im not wrong. it is use to clear cloudy water and also smelly smell.
charcoal bits brand from GeX is a good AC.

tagore 10-10-2007 07:34 PM

just to share. i just washed my filter. added KH+ to 3
then aerate and pour 1 cap of sera crystal clear.
now whole tank is clear. :D
remember kh must be 3 or your PH will drop to the ground