Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   need tips with small Ray (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=537826)

Squid 23-11-2016 02:53 PM

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

btw here's a video of trying to feed her chopped sardines.
not sure if she is eating it? my aro goes even after small chopped up fish.

Aro77 23-11-2016 10:01 PM

ray looks thin , perhaps you could check your PH & ammonia , there is a chance that you might have slightly elevated Ammonia due to your canister being used to bioload of only 1 aro.. i suggest maybe adding some BB into your tank.

Squid 23-11-2016 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9976839)
ray looks thin , perhaps you could check your PH & ammonia , there is a chance that you might have slightly elevated Ammonia due to your canister being used to bioload of only 1 aro.. i suggest maybe adding some BB into your tank.

Thanks will check water parameters and also add bb:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sirwin81 24-11-2016 09:38 AM

to be honest i m not keen on adding a small ray with such a big aro
i ahve had my shares of experience of my 16 inch aro attacking my 4-5 inch bdleo pups until they die

Aro77 24-11-2016 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin81 (Post 9976857)
to be honest i m not keen on adding a small ray with such a big aro
i ahve had my shares of experience of my 16 inch aro attacking my 4-5 inch bdleo pups until they die

this is another point to take note of , it could be that the ray is scared of the ''monster'' swimming above them as probably not used to it

sirwin81 24-11-2016 01:51 PM

yup. it took me 2-3 pups to realize that it was the aro attacking them.
nowadays aro in aro tank. ray in ray tank.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9976862)
this is another point to take note of , it could be that the ray is scared of the ''monster'' swimming above them as probably not used to it

Squid 24-11-2016 05:13 PM

thanks guys :) this aro quite gentle with tankmates.
though i think he accidentally injured my ray while picking up small bits of food :(
I'll have to upgrade this tank's filtration .
but will make sure to keep a close eye on the pup. so far her appettite is quiote good now , but she is still slow in eating , unlike rays i have before which seem to just inhale the food i dropped.

sirwin81 25-11-2016 09:19 AM

it takes a while for the ray to start to pick up the activity especially in new tank. having a big tank mate doesn't really help. just monitor for now and see how it goes
Quote:

Originally Posted by Squid (Post 9976872)
thanks guys :) this aro quite gentle with tankmates.
though i think he accidentally injured my ray while picking up small bits of food :(
I'll have to upgrade this tank's filtration .
but will make sure to keep a close eye on the pup. so far her appettite is quiote good now , but she is still slow in eating , unlike rays i have before which seem to just inhale the food i dropped.

Squid 28-11-2016 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sirwin81 (Post 9976907)
it takes a while for the ray to start to pick up the activity especially in new tank. having a big tank mate doesn't really help. just monitor for now and see how it goes

thanks bro ! :D
mmmm would it be a good idea to add her to a tank with slightly bigger Rays?
getting a pair of BDs soon :) but tan k is only 4x2x2 and I'm planning to house the bds alone in that tank, will it be a good idea to transfer this piece into my BD tank?

Aro77 28-11-2016 02:23 PM

see what size is your BD and if your filter system can handle..