Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Stingrays & other bottom dwellers Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Bichir Thread #53 (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=470576)

TuNA 25-07-2011 11:26 AM

I don't mind going AquaOne too.

matthew 25-07-2011 02:21 PM

A vid of my Lap taking bf or shud I say stuffing himself with the bullfrog

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

desmondpeh 25-07-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 8566688)

Nice lap bro.. Love the bandings on its body. :)

Sunday 25-07-2011 03:40 PM

Wish mine was as outgoing as yours. Always parked behind the pump and hardly moves. To be honest i haven't seen them eat much since i got them weeks ago. Although i'm really satisfied with their markings, even the smaller one i got from Daniel a couple of weeks back. Really starting to look like the one he currently has in his show tank at the moment. Light beige base with algae green markings.

Any idea whether adding sand and driftwood will help with their timidness? Thinking of turning the whole tank into white oyama+very light based sand.

sixthbrand 25-07-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 8566688)

wow wicked head markings bro!:D

desmondpeh 25-07-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday (Post 8566795)
Wish mine was as outgoing as yours. Always parked behind the pump and hardly moves. To be honest i haven't seen them eat much since i got them weeks ago. Although i'm really satisfied with their markings, even the smaller one i got from Daniel a couple of weeks back. Really starting to look like the one he currently has in his show tank at the moment. Light beige base with algae green markings.

Any idea whether adding sand and driftwood will help with their timidness? Thinking of turning the whole tank into white oyama+very light based sand.

Would suggest a black tank for laps.. looks nicer and more greeny this way bro..

matthew 25-07-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desmondpeh (Post 8566801)
Would suggest a black tank for laps.. looks nicer and more greeny this way bro..

Yup agreed but with strong lighting so that can view the contrast.
If nt the the whole tank will lokk orlulu

Sunday 25-07-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desmondpeh (Post 8566801)

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 8566822)
Yup agreed but with strong lighting so that can view the contrast.
If nt the the whole tank will lokk orlulu

Having a headache on whether to just get Red Quartz or fine Coral Sand for my comm. tank because i've always loved how a tank with light based sand, a couple of driftwoods and various sized smooth pebbles would look but now run into two problems. Firstly, Coral Sand increases pH to about 7.8-8 which isn't ideal for my Laps or Afro. Secondly, they'll lose their color. :(

nid 25-07-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday (Post 8566834)
Having a headache on whether to just get Red Quartz or fine Coral Sand for my comm. tank because i've always loved how a tank with light based sand, a couple of driftwoods and various sized smooth pebbles would look but now run into two problems. Firstly, Coral Sand increases pH to about 7.8-8 which isn't ideal for my Laps or Afro. Secondly, they'll lose their color. :(

If u are into bichirs, its has to be black tank with red/black base. White tanks will just make ur bichirs become white wash. In any case, its not easy to find red quartz now. You might consider getting the red substrate that bro washy washy uses.

Elindra 25-07-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunday (Post 8566834)

U can lower pH using vinegar from the supermarket. My tank pH about 7.2 n the KPBB n CB Endy colour contrast is ok n my African Aro is doing very well too.

Anyway, I would say choose the substrate for yr core fish.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk