Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Where to catch wild guppy? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=349946)

ahpek_lion 14-12-2008 05:32 PM

Where to catch wild guppy?
 
I am interested to catch wild guppies from those tiny long kang :) Any lobangs?

dorothy 14-12-2008 09:13 PM

I have been peeping into longkang to find those guppies.. cannot find any these days. :o

element 14-12-2008 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothy (Post 6418794)
I have been peeping into longkang to find those guppies.. cannot find any these days. :o

bro pasir ris farm there got guppy . in the long kang .

ahpek_lion 14-12-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by element (Post 6419079)
bro pasir ris farm there got guppy . in the long kang .

:D Thanks bro. Mayb one day i go there catch. but i think will malu if i go on weekends

dorothy 15-12-2008 08:53 AM

there are lots of longkang that seems to have guppies. But on closer look they are actually mosquito fishes, those w/o colours type :)

lindavw 15-12-2008 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dorothy (Post 6419982)
there are lots of longkang that seems to have guppies. But on closer look they are actually mosquito fishes, those w/o colours type :)

im oso interested maybe we can arrange a time to go anywhere to get some wild guppies.
all i noe is those big walkable canals should have~
But the one near my house and those places that i used the frequent have already been destroyed by PUB.....

ahpek_lion 15-12-2008 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6420098)
im oso interested maybe we can arrange a time to go anywhere to get some wild guppies.
all i noe is those big walkable canals should have~
But the one near my house and those places that i used the frequent have already been destroyed by PUB.....

I know of one in punggol ... also destroyed by HDB :(

Count me in if there is an outing.

detritus 16-12-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahpek_lion (Post 6421392)
I know of one in punggol ... also destroyed by HDB :(

Count me in if there is an outing.

haha... i know a good tilapia spot :p that one is the most accessible longkang i think... got steps and easy to walk along the banks... water level not high also...

lindavw 17-12-2008 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by detritus (Post 6425447)
haha... i know a good tilapia spot :p that one is the most accessible longkang i think... got steps and easy to walk along the banks... water level not high also...

tilapia mai la they grow very fast one... they are like monsters hahahaha.

detritus 17-12-2008 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindavw (Post 6427813)
tilapia mai la they grow very fast one... they are like monsters hahahaha.

can be quite fun up to a point... its amazing how they grow a few mm every few days, from fries to fishes... but have to release them back to the longkang after awhile lah... tank no space :D and they dun make good tank companions to guppies. :p


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 09:47 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)