Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   SWIM BLADDER DISEASE *Cause and Cure* (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104322)

Ranchu Lover 22-10-2004 09:57 AM

Anyone tried tofu for SBD treatment?

niefeng 03-12-2004 01:36 AM

I bought 4 GF from aquastar 4 days back. and one of them has already bite the dust! having the swim bladder problem!!! always floating at the top...

What I did not do...
1.)did not pre soak the pellets and flake food
2.) raise them in a 16inch tall tank

Now the rest of the three are swimming in funny positions!! help!~

desireless 03-12-2004 06:09 AM

Such symptoms don't come suddenly. You should not have bought it.

Auratus 28-12-2004 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranchu Lover
Anyone tried tofu for SBD treatment?

No, but care to explain why the suggestion?

Rgds

Arwana 14-01-2005 05:36 PM

Hi

Saw this swimbladder treatment from Interpet, is it useful?

kitchionh 21-01-2005 03:17 PM

Hi All,

This is my first post..

I've got a black ranchu with a sinking problem. It sinks to the bottom and lies sideway. It has been at least 2 months already. I've isolated it much earlier when it happened.

What should I do??? I've read that it could be swim bladder problem. I must say that it has been very strong. It is still feeding though. but lately, much lesser than before.

Please help...

Rgds
Kit

Honeystar 30-01-2005 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sotong King
Have you tried feeding pea, a common recommendation in many of the forums.

btw, can pea be bought from lfs? till now still dont understand which type of pea is use to cure sbp...or is it the type sold in supermarket...is pea a type of nut?...pls enlighten me...

peter porker 31-01-2005 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeystar
btw, can pea be bought from lfs? till now still dont understand which type of pea is use to cure sbp...or is it the type sold in supermarket...is pea a type of nut?...pls enlighten me...

green peas are not a cure. They are a prevention method. Its the kind of peas which you will find in Chinese Fried Rice. You can easily get a frozen pack from any supermarket and it is inexpensive.

Auratus 31-01-2005 11:59 AM

There are pre cooked and uncook green pea in the market. Uncook green pea has to be boiled in hot water to soften it. Before feeding pea, please remove the hask.

Honeystar 31-01-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peter porker
green peas are not a cure. They are a prevention method. Its the kind of peas which you will find in Chinese Fried Rice. You can easily get a frozen pack from any supermarket and it is inexpensive.

thankz for this info...so do i need to cook that pea b4 i feed aro with it?