Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

rtgaroaro 10-11-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiaomarkge (Post 9775884)
Bro,

Might want to let the "commandos" try out for a few more days before introducing your Aro & Rays. Takes a while for BB to develop.

Congrats once again!

Bro xiaomarkge is correct.:) bb not developed yet, very risky for higher value commandos.

desmondpeh 10-11-2014 11:42 PM

Hi bro,

Nice pond setup you got there..

I noticed the water level is quite high and near the brim of the FGT. You might want to consider a proper netting cover for the tank if you intend to keep arowana in there. They are well known to be good jumpers. Same for some bichirs if you have intention of getting them as tank mates in the future.

ThomasLim 11-11-2014 12:46 AM

For info.... The canvas is not mine la... The condo is having some painting work and the painters help to cover up my area with their canvas 😊

It seems there are so many issues for me to take care of 😅
anyway thanks for the valuable advises. It helps...

nutx 11-11-2014 09:16 AM

Bro..black blackground has no issue with white spot ray.
I also keep my ray in black base pond.:)

When you add in your aro and ray, remember to monitor the ammonia for initial few days, with some water change, as the increase in bioload will cause some ammonia spike.:)

sen_jie 11-11-2014 09:35 AM

you may need to consider lowering the water alittle. Unless there is a "brace" like on the top to prevent your rays from doing chin-up and "fly" out of your tank.

striker78 11-11-2014 11:01 AM

Very Nice Setup!
Do take your time to cycle yr pond.
The risk is always very high(for new setup)... and unnecessary incidents of "losing" our precious fish is lurking around when we drop our guards.
U may consider buying those grey pvc pipes(I wuld use those 16 or20mm size-for more strength across the width of yr pond) to form a rectangle with pvc netting.
Create 2-3 rectangular covers and u can pour some sands/pebbles to weight down the two shorter end.
Happy DIYing :)

Beerman 11-11-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 9776004)
Bro..black blackground has no issue with white spot ray.
I also keep my ray in black base pond.:)

When you add in your aro and ray, remember to monitor the ammonia for initial few days, with some water change, as the increase in bioload will cause some ammonia spike.:)

I still think ranchu or lion head will be good! :D aros and rays can try lah, but scare later owner get stress….

morriselma 11-11-2014 03:03 PM

congrats on your setup!!

wmh 11-11-2014 04:52 PM

Nice pond....

burntrubber 12-11-2014 12:38 PM

Do strongly consider talking to the condo people about having a shelter. You could band up with the other ground unit owners. Agree on an approved design so the committee will be happy.

99% someone will throw something down somewhere. Maybe not your unit.

I'd suggest something like a wood terrace with clear polycarbonate roof. so it will be bright.