Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Freshwater Invertebrates Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Blue blot baby (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471247)

jwkb 27-07-2011 02:55 PM

Blue blot baby

Hi my blue bolt have given birth to some baby but it seem that are some look like snow white in there...so my question is the any possibility that the blue bolt is from the mix between panda and snow white...

I cannot read Japanese or Chinese..so handicap a bit...like to know from the shifu is there any information about this...

So to say that blue bolt is not breed true????

ZackZhou 27-07-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwkb (Post 8570226)
Hi my blue bolt have given birth to some baby but it seem that are some look like snow white in there...so my question is the any possibility that the blue bolt is from the mix between panda and snow white...

I cannot read Japanese or Chinese..so handicap a bit...like to know from the shifu is there any information about this...

So to say that blue bolt is not breed true????

What true breed are you talking about when panda itself its mutated from crs and snowwhite? :0
Blue bolt will come out bb,kk,wr and snowwhite/golden, as brother soonhong had already post his hatch of bb before :)

jngks 27-07-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackZhou (Post 8570279)
What true breed are you talking about when panda itself its mutated from crs and snowwhite? :0
Blue bolt will come out bb,kk,wr and snowwhite/golden, as brother soonhong had already post his hatch of bb before :)

Why can't breed true when there is a mutation? Kk is a mutation. kk cross kk don't give u 100% kk?

PierceTan 27-07-2011 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jngks (Post 8570336)
Why can't breed true when there is a mutation? Kk is a mutation. kk cross kk don't give u 100% kk?

I guess it is all based on parentage and genes

eviltrain 27-07-2011 07:21 PM

It will take years of selective breeding to have stable line. Take crs for example, it takes 2~3 years to stable the 3 intial red bee shrimps to stable the crs line today.

jwkb 28-07-2011 11:23 AM

My experience with breed kk. Only only survive female(after changing tank) pregnant three subsequently times
1. first times about 20 all are single strip ones.
2. second times 4 kk, 5 panda and 9 wr.
3. third time most are black and no strip.

I got three male and mate with only one female..so to say that it more depend to the gene of the breed I got.

So my blue bolt is not as pure breed as it seem...

jwkb 28-07-2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackZhou (Post 8570279)

Oh..i did't see that..thanks..

Quote:

Originally Posted by PierceTan (Post 8570595)
I guess it is all based on parentage and genes

Yes you are right..

jwkb 28-07-2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eviltrain (Post 8570637)
It will take years of selective breeding to have stable line. Take crs for example, it takes 2~3 years to stable the 3 intial red bee shrimps to stable the crs line today.

Maybe will take all the blue and mix them...snow whit put where...no place:confused:

ZackZhou 28-07-2011 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwkb (Post 8571679)
Maybe will take all the blue and mix them...snow whit put where...no place:confused:

Your snow-white can be gene shrimps too. Good possibility of releasing kk, wr too what. Don't want can give me :D

Kk same with crs what.. Kk with kk = incease % of kk offsprings over the years. Kk with sw also will come out kk what. Then you will see those lak Sek kk in the market nowadays lo. Haha. But I believe now some kk is stable enough for full kk offspring Liao.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silane 28-07-2011 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZackZhou (Post 8571786)
But I believe now some kk is stable enough for full kk offspring Liao.

all the while kk/pd x kk/pd = kk/pd, not just now.