Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Singapore Politics (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=142)
-   -   Amos Yee (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=534049)

kool 05-09-2015 10:59 PM

Amos Yee

Just to sharing this idiot again...hahaha :D

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

loveikan 06-09-2015 12:03 AM

What took him so long.......

Two days ago, the moment he opened his mouth when interviewed while at the RP rally. The rating of that party plunged to negative instantenously. It is just what will this number be?

stargazer 06-09-2015 01:20 AM

Darn funny and creative fella :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by loveikan (Post 9897655)
What took him so long.......

Two days ago, the moment he opened his mouth when interviewed while at the RP rally. The rating of that party plunged to negative instantenously. It is just what will this number be?

Serious har! :eek:

Aris 06-09-2015 02:27 AM

If you can discount the insults and foul language and beyond, you might find it quite educational and interesting. He is matured and quite intellectual for his age.

loveikan 06-09-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aris (Post 9897728)
If you can discount the insults and foul language and beyond, you might find it quite educational and interesting. He is matured and quite intellectual for his age.

This is very true.

WiNd.feNg 15-09-2015 12:11 PM

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/14/as...yee/index.html

(CNN)At first glance, 16-year-old Amos Yee seems timid, naïve, almost oblivious to what he did: Challenge the very foundations of Singapore and its revered founder.

But within five minutes, Yee deliberately and clearly articulates why he believes his blog posts are worth jail time.

"I feel like I'm the one who's actually supposed to break that boundary so that other people will be able to talk about things in an honest way and discuss about it, which I feel is really important," says Yee, during an exclusive interview with CNN, while seated in his family's flat in Singapore.

In July, Yee was released from prison after 53 days, after being convicted on charges of obscenity and "wounding of religious feelings."

Lee Kuan Yew: The man behind Singapore's success

Lee Kuan Yew: The man behind Singapore's success 02:11
The charges stem from a video rant posted by this precocious teenager who was rallying against his country's lack of free speech and its beloved former leader. In it, he speaks directly into a camera, expressing his outrage.

"Because everyone is scared, everyone is afraid that if they say something like that they may get into trouble and give Lee Kuan Yew credit that was primarily the impact of his legacy," states Yee in this somewhat tame excerpt from his blog post in March.

READ: Singapore's People's Action Party in resounding victory

Yee targets leaders
The video rant ridicules Singapore's founding father, Lee Kuan Yew who died in March, calling him a dictator, and comparing him to Jesus Christ. The video post also contains what Yee himself describes as vulgar content aimed at insulting Singapore's leaders.

"I think I had a sense that I would get into some kind of trouble but obviously I thought it was worth it because I think that the quality or content was enough to be able for me to take that risk," says Yee.

Yee spent weeks in detention and claims he was strapped to a bed for long periods of time, distraught and fearful. He adds that he was put through psychological evaluations that he considered demeaning.

None of that, however, seems to have changed his behavior. We find Yee right back at it, posting videos from his bedroom.

OPINION: Lessons for leaders from Lee Kuan Yew

It's a bedroom that has all the trappings of a rebellious teenager; one that might be familiar to many parents around the world. He spends hours in his room on the computer, scripting, shooting and editing.

But this is Singapore and the consequences for an opinionated teenager speaking his mind can include incarceration. Singapore tries to monitor and curb online content and, according to the World Press Freedom Index ranks, just 153 out of 180 countries.

CNN contacted officials within the Singapore government about Yee's case but did not receive a response.

Treatment too harsh?
Even some allies of the government are wondering if the leadership is dealing with this young man too harshly, thereby giving his video manifestos more publicity in the process.

"It's perfectly normal for young people to write critical articles. And I think we should treat Amos Yee as a normal 16-year-old person. And let's see what happens when he grows up," says Kishore Mahbubani, Dean at the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy in Singapore.

For now, Yee remains free and continues to produce content that is blunt, political and defiant. He says Singapore and its leadership are ready for more freedom of expression.

As for the reason he continues to risk his own freedom, Yee explains plaintively that he likes provoking.

"One is just to make jokes, I mean because you can see my content is of really high comedic value, I think just making jokes and entertaining, there's an appeal in that," he says, adding, "I've experienced many things and I've learned quite a lot so yeah, it's been quite a ride actually."

Ah_ZhaN 15-09-2015 12:13 PM

Omg, he got international recognition ....1 :eek:

How about Xiaxue, queen of blogger?

amkbettafan 15-09-2015 10:55 PM

AY is not an idiot. What he said in some part of the video makes logical sense. :D

I just wonder what is the government going to use to haul him up to court again. :rolleyes:

AlvinLeong 15-09-2015 11:14 PM

Think RP will jio him join RP to contest in the next election. By that time >21 yrs old.

Heuer 15-09-2015 11:16 PM

I am more curious will he get fixed when its time for him to serve NS?

amkbettafan 15-09-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlvinLeong (Post 9902239)
Think RP will jio him join RP to contest in the next election. By that time >21 yrs old.

AY even whack Kenneth J. and CSJ in the video. He is impartial at his best :D

hkh 15-09-2015 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heuer (Post 9902241)
I am more curious will he get fixed when its time for him to serve NS?

with his current mental state, do you think it's wise for him to carry arms ?? :(

Heuer 15-09-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkh (Post 9902252)
with his current mental state, do you think it's wise for him to carry arms ?? :(

Can become cook, clerk, driver mah.

kool 15-09-2015 11:41 PM

So he also can excuse for BMT hor....:D

richardg 17-09-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amkbettafan (Post 9902248)
AY even whack Kenneth J. and CSJ in the video. He is impartial at his best :D

he respects one person only. himself.
let him grow up la.

he is a smart boy. Smarter than me, thats for sure.

Saw him and shook his hand last week ... haha
stay out of trouble boy.

lenghan 18-09-2015 02:57 AM

Another Amos Yee in the making

http://lhuwenkai.com/richkid/

globalcookie 04-11-2015 09:51 AM

Movie on Amos Yee seeks USD$25,000 from crowdfunding
By Teo Kai Xiang | Yahoo Newsroom – 15 hours ago

“Help us make this movie about a boy that went too far and a system that went even further.”

Chestnuts, a long-running parody show that frequently spoofs current affairs, has launched an Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to help fund a musical movie entitled ‘UnbelYEEvable: The Musical’. The campaign aims to raise USD$25,000 to produce the film.

Originally a sketch for theatre production Chestnuts 50, MDA asked writer-director Jonathan Lim to remove the Amos Yee segment from the production which ran in September.

MDA said in a statement that the script was submitted late, and that it was unable to process "several problematic segments concerning an ongoing court case" in time.

Lim, founder of Chestnuts told Yahoo Singapore the movie will be released on YouTube. The choice of platform was partially inspired by Yee himself. “After all, MDA could only request for Amos Yee to take down his videos, but never managed to,” said Lim.

In July this year, 16-year-old blogger was given a four-week backdated jail sentence after being found guilty of making offensive remarks against Christianity, and for circulating an obscene image.

Lim also said Chestnuts has not contacted Yee regarding this project.
“It’s not an Amos Yee project, it’s about us, as Singaporeans dealing with the whole saga.” said Lim, “This is a parody of the media circus that happened around him… At the end of the day, it’s not really about Amos. It’s about how we reacted to Amos.”

Lim hopes the film can be released this year. He said, “We’re hoping to release the movie in time for SG50. We think the message is more poignant and meaningful now more than ever. Basically, before December 31st.”

streetsmart73 04-11-2015 10:09 AM

:D 20 bucks from me is suffice :D

jwhtan 04-11-2015 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetsmart73 (Post 9915154)
:D 20 bucks from me is suffice :D

AFC got more support from u, even though u dun do buysell and dun come for our dinners.
I thank you on behalf of AFC :D

streetsmart73 04-11-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhtan (Post 9915173)
AFC got more support from u, even though u dun do buysell and dun come for our dinners.
I thank you on behalf of AFC :D

:D sori barney for missing out af's activities:D

Honest, I am alright "sponsoring" meaningful events from af :D

globalcookie 26-05-2016 09:54 PM

Teenage blogger Amos Yee faces 8 new charges
By Lianne Chia
POSTED: 26 May 2016 09:29 UPDATED: 26 May 2016 12:30

SINGAPORE: Teenage blogger Amos Yee, who was jailed last year for making offensive remarks against Christianity and posting obscene images online,
was charged in the State Courts on Thursday (May 26).

The 17-year-old was arrested on May 11 and released on bail of S$5,000.

Five of the charges Yee faces are for allegedly wounding the religious feelings of Muslims, and one for allegedly wounding the religious feelings of Christians.
These charges are under Section 298 of the Penal Code.

The other two charges are for allegedly failing to show up at Jurong Police Division on two occasions, despite a notice from Assistant Superintendent of Police Doreen Chong
and a magistrate’s order to do so. These charges are under Section 174 of the Penal Code.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Kelvin Kow asked the judge to fix an early trial date, noting that Yee is "obviously escalating his offensive behaviour in a bid to gain attention",
adding that Yee "has upped both the tempo and offensiveness of his posts".

While the prosecution did not object to Yee being out on bail, DPP Kow also asked the judge to warn Yee of the potential consequences if he commits further offences while out on bail.

To that, Yee responded: "If the prosecution insists, no problem."

Yee was not represented by a lawyer, but said he would "do his best" to find one.

If convicted of deliberately wounding the religious feelings of others, Yee faces up to three years’ jail and a fine. He also faces up to a month’s jail and
a fine of up to S$1,500 for failing to report to the Jurong Police Division despite an order.

The pre-trial conference has been set for next Monday, May 30, 9.30am.
- CNA

this boy is in trouble again. What's making him do it over and over again.

I emphatise w his parents because a lot of powerful keyboard warriors and saints gg to gun at them again.

DinOBeeR 26-05-2016 10:24 PM

tis bright chap ish not so simple de....

akin to playing chess, he who intentionally let you eat a chicken leg is planning to get back a chicken from you.

chess neber play finish dunno who is the eventual winner de....

stargazer 26-05-2016 11:32 PM

How about the folks that sympathized with him before - are these guys still sympathizing with him or opinions about him have changed?

Fishfan77 27-05-2016 01:47 AM

hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by DinOBeeR (Post 9952580)
tis bright chap ish not so simple de....

akin to playing chess, he who intentionally let you eat a chicken leg is planning to get back a chicken from you.

chess neber play finish dunno who is the eventual winner de....

Bright? Bright is been getting into no trouble when toying with troubles.
This is just been foolish. A fool who actually thinks he will get out of troubles when he is in more troubles.

when will chess play be over? Pity his old folks...

hkh 27-05-2016 04:42 AM

Think he will face troubles when he is enlisted for his NS duty.......... :(

streetsmart73 27-05-2016 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkh (Post 9952635)

Honest, I pity those individuals who will be in the same section as ay. Sure kena big time because of his attitude and mouth :p

DinOBeeR 27-05-2016 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkh (Post 9952635)

my wild guess, i suspect one of his chess-move is to siam NS...

globalcookie 27-05-2016 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazer (Post 9952598)
How about the folks that sympathized with him before - are these guys still sympathizing with him or opinions about him have changed?

I was one of those who didn't take to criticising him nor his parents. I did not sympathized with him exactly, but I wasn't judgemental of him nor to even send regards at his parents..

As an ordinary average human being, who am I to judge? I'm no saint.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfan77 (Post 9952630)
This is just been foolish. A fool who actually thinks he will get out of troubles when he is in more troubles.

We were all young once and the raging bull in a teen. We wouldn't have done things the same way we did when we were teens.

The 'fool' part is probably directed at him courting trouble repeatedly. But what he said, etc, isn't of a fool. This boy is intelligent actually, but for a wrong reason.

The law cramp on him so hard. He is now a 17 years old boy. What about LWL, in her late 50s (presume) who said what about building a dynasty? Why isn't she charged for sedition? If the authorities doesn't take action on her, if LHL didn't sue the pants off her, what does this prove?

What did the machinery said about such things? There MUST BE some facts behind LWL's words if no action is taken against her isn't it? Than why does the RIGHTEOUS Singaporeans went all out at a 17 years old boy?

It is up to individuals to think from which angle they want.

streetsmart73 27-05-2016 11:03 AM

:D the Princess vs the young boy at the playground; no match :D

lenghan 27-05-2016 11:32 AM

Even if the LWL saga was not "bridge under waters" by now, do we really believe the MSM would publish any updates?
With such "blackouts" Sporeans normally tend to forget.........or????

hkh 27-05-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by streetsmart73 (Post 9952652)
Honest, I pity those individuals who will be in the same section as ay. Sure kena big time because of his attitude and mouth :p

Think his platoon mates will blanket party him every night until he shut up..........

loveikan 27-05-2016 11:55 AM

Dun think he can escape NS, if he is eligible, question is where to place him.

I think he is challenging the system to seek attention and under poor advice or rather manipulated by others. Pity the parents

LauLanChu 27-05-2016 04:18 PM

This guy is insulting people's religion which is a very sensitive matter here. Got no choice but to take action.

elimmel 27-05-2016 05:14 PM

Now still considered minor so try more stunts. Wait awhile longer when legally adult, see whether his show will go on.

Want to show his cleverness or unhappiness with the system also no need insult religion.

stargazer 28-05-2016 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauLanChu (Post 9952738)
This guy is insulting people's religion which is a very sensitive matter here. Got no choice but to take action.

He knows this. Just trying to be funny. He knows in Sg normally ppl wun do any harm to him.

I wonder, got guts why not do it in bolehland or middles east?

Ong88 28-05-2016 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazer (Post 9952830)
He knows this. Just trying to be funny. He knows in Sg normally ppl wun do any harm to him.

Send isis links to his insults against Muslims.

Auto mark.

Fishfan77 28-05-2016 02:16 AM

hi

He had touched on the raw nerves of current affairs on religion. As compared to the princess's saga, there is no comparison at all. Religions differences throughout human civilization, have to handle with care. Anyone who is balance up there will not press the red bottom. Seriously he can talk but he cannot think. Self centered and full of himself but empty inside. But then who am i to judge him. Just hope for him to grow up more self assured

richardg 28-05-2016 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stargazer (Post 9952830)

afaik he was hiding in bolehland

LauLanChu 28-05-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishfan77 (Post 9952836)
Just hope for him to grow up more self assured

Everybody goes through youth before and we know there is some who is rebellious as part and parcel of up growing. Just that he has gone over board, and there is nobody dare and willing to provide good guidance and pull him to the right path. Bet one day he will sure to regret what he has done when he look back, just hope he got this chance. His addiction similar to drugs.

Robson 28-05-2016 01:41 PM

Not quite right to say no one dare or willing to come forward. Remember someone did and accused by him of molest. Did I remember correctly?