Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chatterbox (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   shared bike in Singapore may be doomed right from start (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539148)

millenium 06-03-2018 09:48 PM

shared bike in Singapore may be doomed right from start

What do u think?

foxwagon 07-03-2018 12:29 AM

Looking at so many parked indiscriminately
Rental stuff no one cherish or take care

Ong88 07-03-2018 12:30 AM

Mai kia, Grab bike coming

millenium 07-03-2018 03:06 AM

The problem is bikes were dumped everywhere blocking pathways n making street views untidy. They dun forsee this in their policy paper? And if yes, what was their solution? Why now, companies need to be registered? How the companies ensure riders dispose the ysed bikes properly?

Charlesnah 07-03-2018 06:25 AM

Singapore do not have a cycling habit for commute.. if so COE will be super low.

These company now face a higher operating cost vesus a low ridership.. the penalty they paying will soon collaspe them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coryfav 07-03-2018 06:26 AM

Looks to me like the companies didn't foresee their bikes being parked/thrown all over the place, neither our authorities.

Using the ram after exiting the lift with my shopping cart at an MRT station, half the time I ended up having to remove a bike that's parked such that there's no way a wheelchair can get through the little space left over.

Got wheel but no brains. :mad:

millenium 07-03-2018 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coryfav (Post 10009430)
Looks to me like the companies didn't foresee their bikes being parked/thrown all over the place, neither our authorities.

Using the ram after exiting the lift with my shopping cart at an MRT station, half the time I ended up having to remove a bike that's parked such that there's no way a wheelchair can get through the little space left over.

Got wheel but no brains. :mad:

They has no common sense, that is why.:D

They need to trace whose idea is that and get the one to be responsible for the oversight.

On another note, i recently watch the news and saw many smrt in charge exolaining what they are doing on tv. So they will be responsible in future instead of the ceo n minister?

globalcookie 07-03-2018 12:17 PM

Problem isn't e companies nor policy but inconsiderate users. Unless users mindset change, policies can only do so much.

Penalize users if they can prove it's e last User who Park indiscriminately.

millenium 07-03-2018 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by globalcookie (Post 10009442)
Problem isn't e companies nor policy but inconsiderate users. Unless users mindset change, policies can only do so much.

Penalize users if they can prove it's e last User who Park indiscriminately.

Already tried and shame and prosecuted, dun work.

My place park many bikes lying around. Last time put right on the centre of walkway next to my house.

elimmel 07-03-2018 12:53 PM

As long as there are no official designated parking locations with penalties attached, indiscriminate parking will continue.
Even with that in place, still have to build the infrastructure to cater to it.
More bike parking stations where only activation and deactivation of rental be done. Don’t park back at these stations, charges continue to run.
Like those in some European cities.