Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Qian Hu (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   OF Hydra 30 Internal Filter (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=473667)

Qian Hu 14-09-2011 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nid (Post 8645545)
Couple of questions,

1) If it turns ammonia straight into nitrogen, wouldn't the BB have no food to eat and die?

2) If there will still be ammonia for the BB to feed on, doesn't that mean that NO3 will still be present? If so, would it be fair to say that it just reduces the NO3 level and not completely removes it?

3)Since it depends on ammonia being changed to NO3 before the normal cycle can begin, I'm guessing it has to be place in the tank itself and not in sumps or IOS compartments.

Sry for so many noob questions, just like to know a bit more before I commit myself.

Hi,

1. Not all the ammonia are removed. That is the reason why we say that hydra 30 can be used for all tank system , including planted tanks where certain nutrients need to be available for the plants. At any time, there will be transient amount of ammonia in the water , as fishes all still defecating and thus,the BB will still be working.

2. It will remove all the nitrogen-based nutrients when it comes in contact with them, thus , it is fair that to state that it will completely convert the N-nutrients to nitrogen when it comes in contact with them. Like we have describe, there is still transient amount of N-nutrients always in the water. Unless, all the living organisms in the water are removed. All the graphs shows a certain concentration of N-nutrients still available in the water.

3. Hydropure technology will convert all N-nutrients to nitrogen gas when it comes in contact, it does not need ammonia to be converted to any secondary forms.

No worries bro, you are asking valid questions, pls feel free to come back to us, if you need any more info.

Cheers

PNT Guy 14-09-2011 03:56 PM

So... Correct me if I am wrong. All nitrogen compounds that comesbin contact with the catalyst will be converted to N2 and other element? Does it increase affect the pH of the water when doing it's job eg. converting those common amounia, nitrite and nitrate to N2 just like anyother normal cycling process?

Zhuoyuting 16-09-2011 12:14 AM

Hi Can kindly quote me the price of this filter thanks in advance.

canopy 03-10-2011 12:49 PM

when will hydra20 be available?

Qian Hu 04-10-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canopy (Post 8671923)
when will hydra20 be available?

Hi,

The model hydra 20 will not be out so soon but we are hoping that it is ready at the second quarter of next year. Thanks for your interest.

nicktc 04-10-2011 05:01 PM

Hi,

How much is the Hydra 30?
Is it only available at QH, can we get it at the LFS as well?

Most importantly :o, is there any special for AF members :o

Thks

henryow7691 06-10-2011 05:51 AM

hi

Hi bro,

I have purchase the hydra 30 , can i used in 1.5x0.8x0.7 tank fill 80per cent of water? will it be undersize?

CSPaul 07-10-2011 04:08 PM

Hi Glen.
When will the OF Hydra 40 be available? I will be interested in purchasing this.

ark08 08-10-2011 08:21 PM

Its will be good if there is a external version for this hydra filter. Cause internal one take up some space.:D

SiShen 09-10-2011 09:14 AM

Its on offer price at $55 at QH =)