Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Goldfish & Koi Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Goldfish (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20628)

AquariaCrAzY 21-07-2002 09:44 PM

Goldfish

Hey anyone know if I can squeeze 9 goldfish into a 2 x 1 x 1 tank?

Koji™ 21-07-2002 10:13 PM

No need to squeeze them in lah. Just put them in can liao.:D

Anyway, you didnb't say how big are those goldfishes.

David Loh 21-07-2002 10:18 PM

Re: Goldfish

I would say that is over crowding. Goldfish needs a lot of space to swim, else their growth will be stunted. Try getting a bigger tank like 3 ft and above.

Quote:

Originally posted by AquariaCrAzY
Hey anyone know if I can squeeze 9 goldfish into a 2 x 1 x 1 tank?

Louis 21-07-2002 10:45 PM

Yes,

9 Goldfish is too much to place in a 15 gallon aquarium. You have to realize that Goldfish can grow to a large size and by overcrowding them in such a small environment, it will stunt its growth development.

I good idea is to follow the 1nch/1 gallon rule when trying to see the amount of fish you would like to keep.

Regards:)

Arrowana17 21-07-2002 11:42 PM

If you intend to keep so many goldfish....remember to get a very good filter...the best get ehiem canister filter....

they produce a lot of waste and it will give out ammonia gas

Edwin Chan 21-07-2002 11:45 PM

Can put nine gold fishes into my aro tank and will disappear ....all swimming in the belly loh.....Ha..Ha..

AquariaCrAzY 22-07-2002 01:51 AM

Hahaha yeah I know what you mean....but dun think I'll be getting a larger tank so soon...was thinking of getting a couple but goldfish do grow quite big and fat...nine would be a challenge

AquariaCrAzY 22-07-2002 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by IndonezN-Dragon
Yes,

9 Goldfish is too much to place in a 15 gallon aquarium. You have to realize that Goldfish can grow to a large size and by overcrowding them in such a small environment, it will stunt its growth development.

I good idea is to follow the 1nch/1 gallon rule when trying to see the amount of fish you would like to keep.

Regards:)

yupz :p actually I really wanna keep goldfish too...but then I think it'll be a bit of a squeeze even with a really good filter... DO you know of anyone who has succeeded in making 9 goldfish live happily in a two ft tank?

AquariaCrAzY 22-07-2002 01:54 AM

goldfish breed

acutally I've heard that there are some breeds which are smaller than others. The short finned goldfish is quite big and the ranchu is plain huge....dunno if there's a breed of dwarf goldfish :p

Jason 22-07-2002 01:56 AM

maybe u can get those smaller goldfish abt 1inches++ loh... anything bigger than that will be quite overcrowding liao