Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

ThomasLim 26-08-2016 10:53 PM

Today is a sad day. Not because is the funeral of former President S R Nathan, but the death of a beautiful ray.
This morning found that the male BD from my friend, was dead floating on the water. All the other fish are behaving alright. Even my female sp ray, which is pregnant, is behaving normal. Really puzzle what had happened to this male. As there is a smell from it and the spots already turn brown, I believe it might have died last night... Anyone can tell me what could had possibly happened to it? Sudden death?

Now I can only hope that the only female ray can successfully give birth to healthy pups of his...

RIP.... :( :( :(

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...sne4emwpg.jpeg

Kirin 27-08-2016 03:39 AM

Sudden death syndrome? Sorry for your loss. :(

Shadow7 27-08-2016 09:47 AM

Deepest condolence, may his genes produce u many nice pups. Could it be the fogging ? Saw them doing that the day before.
Ps. Just moved in temporary to the block opposite u :)

Aro77 27-08-2016 02:35 PM

sorry for your loss bro...

Btw the venom in the sting looks dried out. was any other fishes disturbing the fella? no obvious injuries or anything but maybe stressed out. how was appetite?

ThomasLim 27-08-2016 10:41 PM

Thks bro Kirin.

Bro Shadow7, no la, cannot be the fogging... Have been here for the past year and nothing happen even adter fogging... Not sure what happen this time. You shift in here temporary? Rented or what? How come temporary? Which block are u in? Blk67? I can come and see your fish :D

Bro Aro77, venom dried out? How to see? Why does it imply it was disturbed? Can advise? The last time I fed is 2 days ago and I didnt pay much attention that day as I was in a hurry to attend a job... Sad...

Shadow7 27-08-2016 10:54 PM

Temporarily staying here at blk 67 my friend's empty hse as my new place not ready yet. As it's only temporary so no fish to see :o

ThomasLim 29-08-2016 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow7 (Post 9966163)
Temporarily staying here at blk 67 my friend's empty hse as my new place not ready yet. As it's only temporary so no fish to see :o

Oic... So when yr new place ready? Nearby here?
Just curious, your unit can see my fish? :D

Aro77 30-08-2016 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9966162)
Bro Aro77, venom dried out? How to see? Why does it imply it was disturbed? Can advise? The last time I fed is 2 days ago and I didnt pay much attention that day as I was in a hurry to attend a job... Sad...

Tomorrow i take pic show u of full venom and one with some venom out.. i guess it just means it stung other fish? im honestly not very sure but this is what i see when my rays fight..

some times female sting male then can see the sting venom only half left.

Shadow7 30-08-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9966412)
Oic... So when yr new place ready? Nearby here?
Just curious, your unit can see my fish? :D

Yup nearby...my block is directly opp on the 12th floor cannot see ur fish clearly lah but can sometimes see u feeding them :)

ThomasLim 01-09-2016 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9966431)
Tomorrow i take pic show u of full venom and one with some venom out.. i guess it just means it stung other fish? im honestly not very sure but this is what i see when my rays fight..

some times female sting male then can see the sting venom only half left.

I didnt see any fish behave abnormally... Or the other fish will still behave normally after they got stung? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow7 (Post 9966440)
Yup nearby...my block is directly opp on the 12th floor cannot see ur fish clearly lah but can sometimes see u feeding them :)

O... Did u see sometimes I am frightened by my gar during feeding :D the way it snap the kuning is :eek: but I just love seeing it grows bigger and bigger :) my wife is so scared of it :o

Still waiting for my female sp to give birth... Not sure if she can make it this time or not... Cheers