Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

noobmiyavi 29-10-2014 11:20 PM

Wow looks good buddy! Looking forward to next batch of pics :)

kenray 29-10-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vitor (Post 9770302)
Wear water boots or half waist water suit or clean? If ray must have thick boots to siam spikes....hahhah my guess

Haha.. bro i dont think ts will use a black fgt for rays...

rainbatt 30-10-2014 10:12 AM

That's a lot of workers.
Waiting to see when it's done up, sure looks nice.

llewellyn 30-10-2014 10:34 AM

Nice size fgt.
What type of livestocks you wanna keep?
Black color will limit your choice of fishes ...
Even Arowana also quite hard to view in daytime.
But if night time use alot of solid lightings will be very nice liao.
:D

rtgaroaro 30-10-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llewellyn (Post 9770432)
Nice size fgt.
What type of livestocks you wanna keep?
Black color will limit your choice of fishes ...
Even Arowana also quite hard to view in daytime.
But if night time use alot of solid lightings will be very nice liao.
:D

keep crossbacks lor, kim vs black, chio. koi will be nice and nice like painting in every move.:p waiting for Bro Thomas update...

rtgaroaro 30-10-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matthew (Post 9770295)
Swee swee...but nxt tiMe how to do maintenance for the filter???

i think TS just have to change wool on the first compartment which already got steps inbuilt.;)

amiidae 30-10-2014 08:41 PM

Although you are located on the ground floor but it is still similar to upper floor as technically your PES is still supported by structural beams. Be prepared in case someone question abt your loading.

patclay 30-10-2014 11:15 PM

The pond project looks great!

rainbatt 30-10-2014 11:59 PM

Sometimes got kaypoh neighbours like to feed expired bread to fishes one.

bettadis 31-10-2014 12:17 AM

Great updates from you Bro!

Your master room be overlooking to the pond front glass view rite :)

mohamed_ali_j 31-10-2014 12:56 AM

Hey there Bro..
that's one hell of a pond..!!
Love to see it coming to life, awaiting more updates from you.
Monster project..
Thanks for sharing Bro.
Cheers mate..!!

yanki2 31-10-2014 09:19 AM

will be lovely to look out of your window at the pond.

vic 31-10-2014 05:00 PM

bro

From ur photos the drainage as well as the space below the window is totally covered.

Becareful of roaches breeding there...they love moist n dark place. NEA love it too.

If ur drain kenna choke how r u going to clear it??

Aro77 03-11-2014 01:52 AM

Hi bro hows your platform pond going? Glass panel up already?

WaveSurfer 03-11-2014 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9772291)
Hi bro hows your platform pond going? Glass panel up already?

I'm curious too :)

ThomasLim 04-11-2014 12:07 AM

Thanks for the comments and sory for the slow update. All the concerns are well noted and I will see what I can do... and for those concerns that I cannot help with, I just leave them for the moment. Too busy these few days... House shifting is no joke...

A view from my room
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps72417bbd.jpg

A view from my living area. This afternoon, the workers are still working on the wooden decking
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps89d557d6.jpg

Wooden decking finally done... But still yet to finish. They will lacquer the decking tomorrow if the weather is good and finish up with the piping work. I think they did not connect the pipings as what was discussed initially. Tomorrow will verify.
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps63f6150d.jpg

I like the attitude of these workers. They really take their time to measure and make sure each of the wooden decking is nicely cut and place, under the hot sun and under the drizzling rain for the past days. I think they do a good job. Hopefully it will look even nicer after they have lacquered the wooden decking.

Cheers

patclay 04-11-2014 12:11 AM

I can see your dream pond is taking shape. Hope the rest of the building journey can be smooth sailing.

vic 04-11-2014 02:55 AM

Looks familiar...its at the Quartz?

nutx 04-11-2014 09:22 AM

Bro...nice setup.

For the wood, not sure what wood they are using, hope it is ok with water.
I also noticed that they did not paint the wood before installing. This meant that they will only paint the external, not internal.

Your water will suffer the wood leak stain for quite sometime, and if they were using treated wood, the leak stuff can be fatal for your fish!

I think you definitely need a cover from the side and top. Condo estate will do fogging regularly, and not sure how you are going to manage that! :)

vic 04-11-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 9772816)
Bro...nice setup.

For the wood, not sure what wood they are using, hope it is ok with water.
I also noticed that they did not paint the wood before installing. This meant that they will only paint the external, not internal.

Your water will suffer the wood leak stain for quite sometime, and if they were using treated wood, the leak stuff can be fatal for your fish!

I think you definitely need a cover from the side and top. Condo estate will do fogging regularly, and not sure how you are going to manage that! :)

Good points!.

Mine wood covers is still staining after more than 3 yrs. Lucky they r external and do not affect my system.

ThomasLim 07-11-2014 08:56 PM

Hi bros,

Really thanks for the advise. For those removable decking at the filter system, they did help me to paint both sides. But for the right side and at the back of the pond, those deckings are already fixed and I just left as it is. I hope the stains aren't that bad 😔

In the end, I change the nova 600 to nova 200. Reason is nova 600 is too noisy for me and I just couldn't stand the noise. Thus currently I have only 2 x nova 200 running only and I hope is still good enough.

Below are some pic of the almost finish pond.
http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...ps93447b5a.jpg

http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/...psc574b65f.jpg

By the way, I would like to thanks those bros who Up me for liking the pond setup. Cheers!

Jon-san 07-11-2014 09:31 PM

Nice setup. Your neighbour's kids will have a hell of a time "feeding" fish from the upper floors. Lol. Just hope you don't get those neighbours who don't have ash trays or dustbins in their rooms type either. Hell of a setup! Enjoy!

azon 07-11-2014 11:13 PM

If I'm your neighbour kid.. I'll climb over for a skimpy dip.. :D

No78 08-11-2014 12:53 AM

Nice ......

Hope to see more update .

Jabby 08-11-2014 01:06 AM

Great looking pond. Looking for more update.

KiwiChew 08-11-2014 10:23 AM

impressive project!
might inspire many. I wonder if the arowanas will jump out of the pond if they see a dragonfly flying around

lwm66 08-11-2014 10:25 AM

Impressive man. So what going into the tsnk.:)

Beerman 08-11-2014 12:00 PM

Think the chances of ppl throwing things down to the pond is high.Try those $1-$5 koi first! Anyway nice set up, enjoy your pond photos please try to up load more in here! :)

Jon33™ 09-11-2014 12:28 PM

Hi bro, are you going to add like those black overhead netting or some shade? Partly to prevent unintentional objects being thrown down by neighbors but as well to provide some shade/cover for your fishes when the sun is scorching.

Just a thought. Hope it helps. Nice setup though!

Cheers!

Oneiromancer 09-11-2014 01:39 PM

Looks impressive. Thanks for sharing. How big is your garden by the way?

Markus 09-11-2014 04:18 PM

Sweet! since you have completed the installation how long more before you are able to put in livestock? :eek:

Beerman 10-11-2014 08:22 AM

Lots of Ranchu goldfish will be very impressive!

Zhuoyuting 10-11-2014 09:26 AM

This concpet can put spa fishes inside... Everyday skin therapy..

TS the canvas Eh.. Spoil the whole thing leh got better one bo?

nutx 10-11-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman (Post 9775485)
Lots of Ranchu goldfish will be very impressive!

Dun sabo hor...I think it's quite definite that the goldfish will up lorry after each rain!:p:D

Beerman 10-11-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutx (Post 9775509)
Dun sabo hor...I think it's quite definite that the goldfish will up lorry after each rain!:p:D

Bo cover or shelter meh? :confused: Upstair sure got joker throw things down TS not scare? Gold fish cannot , rays cannot, aro cannot, what else to keep? Molly?

nutx 10-11-2014 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerman (Post 9775510)
Bo cover or shelter meh? :confused: Upstair sure got joker throw things down TS not scare? Gold fish cannot , rays cannot, aro cannot, what else to keep? Molly?

swordtail and guppy lor.:D

paiseh..TS...not to pour cold water, but our rain water is very acidic at times, that cause pH swing or crash.

Jabby 10-11-2014 01:52 PM

Can keep koi guppy. Side view and top view also nice. Only thing not so ideal is its size.

tung hu 10-11-2014 04:59 PM

This is definitely a dream come true not only for you but most of us here in af! Thumbs up pop!!!

ThomasLim 10-11-2014 09:48 PM

Hi all, thanks for those bros who like the pics...

I bought some white net today and will try to cover the pond tomorrow. I will then think of some ways to 'shelter' it... I guess have to solve the issues one by one... Have some ideas in mind but not sure if the method of covering will work or not. Anyway let me get the net up first.... and yes, manage to convince my CO to allow me to keep Aro and rays. This is why the nets are required 😁

Just a check, is it that black background is really not advisable to keep white spots rays? If so, maybe will just go for some Reds and normal SP rays...

Due to the lack of time, I decided to add in Wizz fast cycle from bro Dennis yesterday morning. Immediately I add in some commandos to test the water. They survive till now. I will keep monitoring till tomorrow, and if they still ok, I might transfer my existing 1 Red and 4 SP rays to the pond... They will be my next batch of commandos 😁 they will be the only life stocks in the pond at the moment. Will slowly introduce more when the system is ready, and when my pocket is ready 😆

Honestly, I am still thinking of how to approach my CO for budget to purchase more Aro and Rays. I think this will be a difficult task 😅

Btw my patio area is around 400sqft...

Will update when new pic is available... Cheers

Xiaomarkge 10-11-2014 10:48 PM

Bro,

Might want to let the "commandos" try out for a few more days before introducing your Aro & Rays. Takes a while for BB to develop.

Congrats once again!