Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tank set-ups, Filtration & Water Management (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Building Of My Platform Pond - A Dream Comes True (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=528319)

ThomasLim 16-11-2016 05:40 PM

Bro Aro77, better change the pump asap before something bad happens to u or yr maid or yr fish....

Due to space constraints, it is not easy for me to change other type of pumps... I just hope they can last longer... it is good to have 2 pumps. At least when one is down, I still have the other running to keep the Bio filters working...

Aro77 16-11-2016 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9976247)
Bro Aro77, better change the pump asap before something bad happens to u or yr maid or yr fish....

Due to space constraints, it is not easy for me to change other type of pumps... I just hope they can last longer... it is good to have 2 pumps. At least when one is down, I still have the other running to keep the Bio filters working...

already changed that day :)

yes good for redundancy to have 2 pumps.

im slowly thinking if i should retire from the hobby with a big pond :D.. story for another day.

ThomasLim 17-11-2016 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aro77 (Post 9976258)
already changed that day :)

yes good for redundancy to have 2 pumps.

im slowly thinking if i should retire from the hobby with a big pond :D.. story for another day.

Good to hear that u had changed the pump :)

Retire from hobby with a big pond? What does that mean? :confused: what happen? :eek:

Aro77 17-11-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9976319)
Good to hear that u had changed the pump :)

Retire from hobby with a big pond? What does that mean? :confused: what happen? :eek:

Getting tired of maintaining so many tanks & fishes. Maybe get a big tank , keep few of my best fishes and retired from hobby.. meaning stop buying .. now adays still once inawhile when itchy will go and buy some fishes for fun hehe...

LauLanChu 17-11-2016 06:01 PM

This type of 'urge' or 'itch' comes in wave. One moment you get tired and want to quit, next moment and spurs suddenly comes and you cannot stop the craze. I am having this 'transient attack' not sure you folks have the same. The craze also can go from different type of fish.

Aro77 17-11-2016 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauLanChu (Post 9976322)
This type of 'urge' or 'itch' comes in wave. One moment you get tired and want to quit, next moment and spurs suddenly comes and you cannot stop the craze. I am having this 'transient attack' not sure you folks have the same. The craze also can go from different type of fish.

Experiencing similar as you.

ThomasLim 18-11-2016 04:12 PM

U two can pass your monster fish to me when u want to change project :D I sold my ff and is short of big pleco to clear my algae :rolleyes:

ThomasLim 18-11-2016 04:17 PM

Recently dont know why... black and green hair algae booms in my pond... I also dont know if I should keep clearing them or just leave them as they are, or anything can be done to remove/stop these hair algae :o

noidea 18-11-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasLim (Post 9976408)
Recently dont know why... black and green hair algae booms in my pond... I also dont know if I should keep clearing them or just leave them as they are, or anything can be done to remove/stop these hair algae :o

I have a lot of black algae boom too in my pond, I just keep putting in microlift bacteria into the filter chambers and now the algae reduce a lot. Hopefully, in a week times all the black algae will be gone.

ThomasLim 18-11-2016 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noidea (Post 9976426)
I have a lot of black algae boom too in my pond, I just keep putting in microlift bacteria into the filter chambers and now the algae reduce a lot. Hopefully, in a week times all the black algae will be gone.

Bro, u using microlift bacteria or MICROBE-LIFT/Algaway 5.4? Can microlift bacteria removes algae?

I am more interested to learn from the expert why and what causes the hair algae to boom? Should we just leave them alone?:(


All times are GMT +9. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2000-2008 Arofanatics.com (Since 30th August 2000)