Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Articles, Resources & FAQs (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Singapore's First Documented Breeding: Pseudacanthicus Spinosus (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377269)

TRIX 10-06-2009 12:37 PM

YOur patience paid off big time, bro chilicrabz!!

Now you are making Singapore proud with your little new spikes!!;)

HeiYuEr 10-06-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Repz (Post 6946609)
WOAHHH That is just amazing!
Thanks for sharing, that has to be the first large pleco breeding pair in a tank.

I always thought that this task was impossible, you sure proved me wrong.

yes....exactly on my thought too.

while keeping plecos for so long.....i nv tot that large pleco like this could breed in a big comm tank too....esp we are talking abt pseudas family type :eek:

lincolngoh 10-06-2009 12:45 PM

Wow.. congrats.. an unexpected gift from Aquarama... just the little change you needed.

conchabullosa 10-06-2009 01:07 PM

Wow, great stuff this mating in caves and surrogate parenting drama. Brings a tear to my eyes.
Congratulations to Bro chilicrabz and great photography by sotongman!

Ken_wen 10-06-2009 01:20 PM

Steady la bro, congrats!! After all that laughing and disturbing , you have finally done it!!:D

chilicrabz 10-06-2009 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johannes (Post 6946483)
those that produce stripes/coloration will develop in good health...
whereby few that have bloat-like symptom or dont develop like the rest, most probably won't make it....
nice!

There is around 3 with the bloat-like symptoms but then i expect them to be gone by now, but they are still wriggling leh...can bear myself to pipette them live.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TS70 (Post 6946524)
BRAVO!!! bro chilicrabz!!!
u mentioned 'too many occupants' in the first post....so am i right to say that the number of pcs in breeding tank does play a vital part inthe success of breeding?
should we limit to say one alpha male to 2-3 females per breeding tank?

Possible, for my case, i transfer a trio down to a 3ft tank, when i have confirm a pair. Actually the parents are already trapping in the 5ft, but based on his previous activities with the "375" and no success, i guess the number of occupants plays a part.

In fact, straight after the pair has spawn, the "375" wanted the Male to pair with her too, keep biting on his back. Think, that makes him so stress that the whole bunch of eggs were kicked out of the cave.
So having a trio may not be a good option too. If tanks size allows, i would go for 2M3F.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HongJinBao (Post 6946600)
Very good job!! MX, when can go ur house see see har?:p

When they grow bigger and become free swimming lor....

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeiYuEr (Post 6946614)
nice....bro chillicrab.
u make us feel so proud in pleco keeping now.
may i ask.....so all this started when u first intro that cave into the tank??....previously no such cave in the tank right??or all the while this setup by yours already plan into some breeding project?

and last your post on this - The cave that they managed to spawn: thanks to akoh
so is the old man cave that they manage to do it :D
nw old man can start selling cave liao :o

I took the caves from akoh, think 1 year plus ago or 2. Cant remember the actual date. Think its a few weeks after the AGM.
His cave is the one that is shown in the pic, is where the pair spawn in. I think the measurement is so nice that most of the other fishes like to park there. Had no choice, gotta put them to good home before i can go solely on spinosus.

Maybe he can start lelong liao, for fishes that is no more than 11inch length and 3.5inch width.:D:D

L046 10-06-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeiYuEr (Post 6946614)
may i ask.....so all this started when u first intro that cave into the tank??....previously no such cave in the tank right??or all the while this setup by yours already plan into some breeding project?

and last your post on this - The cave that they managed to spawn: thanks to akoh

so is the old man cave that they manage to do it

nw old man can start selling cave liao :o

Hello ! Hello ! what old man ! still very young at heart leh !

Quote:

Originally Posted by chilicrabz (Post 6946715)
I took the caves from akoh, think 1 year plus ago or 2. Cant remember the actual date. Think its a few weeks after the AGM.
His cave is the one that is shown in the pic, is where the pair spawn in. I think the measurement is so nice that most of the other fishes like to park there. Had no choice, gotta put them to good home before i can go solely on spinosus.

Maybe he can start lelong liao, for fishes that is no more than 11inch length and 3.5inch width.:D:D

MX, reckon it is less than a year leh, lai ! lai ! lelong ! lelong ! only available in PlecoHut ! ! ! whilst stock last ! :D

AND that is not all ! caves ( and information ) for panaque and xanto are also available ! all DIY by this "old man" ! :D

johannes 10-06-2009 02:15 PM

when can i bring 1 mini spike home ah...??:D

let them be first, dont pipette them live la...:eek:

Edmundo 10-06-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titus (Post 6946565)
Excellent JOB bro Sotong!!! Quick go breed some QSHW!!! :)

Help me find a female? :D

chilicrabz 10-06-2009 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L046 (Post 6946739)
MX, reckon it is less than a year leh, lai ! lai ! lelong ! lelong ! only available in PlecoHut ! ! ! whilst stock last ! :D

can i order 2 from u again? haha.