Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums

Arofanatics Fish Talk Forums (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/index.php)
-   Guppy Forum (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Where is a good place to release my many guppies? (http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=538362)

Cabgirl 05-04-2017 09:10 AM

Where is a good place to release my many guppies?

My guppies keep breeding and breeding and I just cannot continue to keep them in the same place without compromising their health in terms of space to live in and grow. I cannot buy new tanks and containers. I don't think anyone would want to buy my guppies as they are not purebred. They are a mixed bunch but I love them very much. I don't do culling as it is cruel. I don't like to kill living things - plants or animals. For the same reason I do not want to give my guppies away as once I found out that the person who took from me fed the guppies to his monster fishes.

I know it is not advisable but I am thinking of releasing some of my guppies into the wild. is there any good place in Singapore where I could do so and where my guppies can continue to live and grow?

Thank you for your kind advice.

shawnng79 05-04-2017 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabgirl (Post 9987276)
My guppies keep breeding and breeding and I just cannot continue to keep them in the same place without compromising their health in terms of space to live in and grow. I cannot buy new tanks and containers. I don't think anyone would want to buy my guppies as they are not purebred. They are a mixed bunch but I love them very much. I don't do culling as it is cruel. I don't like to kill living things - plants or animals. For the same reason I do not want to give my guppies away as once I found out that the person who took from me fed the guppies to his monster fishes.

I know it is not advisable but I am thinking of releasing some of my guppies into the wild. is there any good place in Singapore where I could do so and where my guppies can continue to live and grow?

Thank you for your kind advice.

why don't give them to those operators of long kang fishing ?

Cabgirl 05-04-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shawnng79 (Post 9987286)
why don't give them to those operators of long kang fishing ?

I would rather the fish get to live in peace and grow up then to be caught by children, brought home and eventually get killed.

I am thinking of looking at a secluded wild spot where people don't bother to go.

I tried releasing some last time in a pond in a park but there were many carps there which I think would eat up the guppies. I also released some in a large drain near a school. The water was clear and there were other small fishes in the drain too.

onlyyouknow 05-04-2017 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabgirl (Post 9987293)
I would rather the fish get to live in peace and grow up then to be caught by children, brought home and eventually get killed.

I am thinking of looking at a secluded wild spot where people don't bother to go.

I tried releasing some last time in a pond in a park but there were many carps there which I think would eat up the guppies. I also released some in a large drain near a school. The water was clear and there were other small fishes in the drain too.

Give to ppl may not survive as well. Euthanised them humanely?

Kohaku 05-04-2017 10:33 PM

There is a few place i can recommend u, but i will pm u the spots as i worry ppl will go disturb the place. I am the only few ppl who know this great place that have a secluded pond with wild guppies inside.

Check ur pm.

Kohaku 05-04-2017 10:37 PM

Paisei, which areastay? I pass u the nearest spot u can go from there

Cabgirl 05-04-2017 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kohaku (Post 9987311)
Paisei, which areastay? I pass u the nearest spot u can go from there

I stay in Clementi West. Thanks!

Kohaku 06-04-2017 10:13 PM

Check ur pm. Give u 10 options in the west, but if u need more or u feel not suitable, throw into my pond, I also keeping wild guppies in a small section of pond

dragonhart 07-04-2017 02:06 PM

Sungei ulu pandan...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cabgirl (Post 9987315)
I stay in Clementi West. Thanks!

Kohaku 07-04-2017 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonhart (Post 9987443)
Sungei ulu pandan...:D

1 of the options iI gave, but choosy says inside got big fish will eat the guppies. I can't think of any more secluded place for the fish release except my pond. :D