View Single Post
Old 15-01-2017, 08:27 PM   #9
shermie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ong88 View Post
One of my blocks eroded under the weight of eheim pump that I place on top, imprinted the pump bottom pattern.

Also very easily become sand when I shift them with hands.

Accidentally dropped one when bring out of sump, broke down into sand-like material.

My most disliked filter material due to it's fragility.
when i came back to the hobby after a long break i was outdated on what popular media was there on the market... so apart from momotaro i didnt really know what else to get. did some reading up n decided to try marine pure cause of the porosity. i was also skeptical about how fragile it was but after testing out a few blocks i never looked back. 2 years+ liao and all the blocks are still in mint condition, in spite of shifting tanks 4 times.. and 2-3 months once sump maintainence.

i think the key is proper handling... eg place them properly into the tank instead of dropping/throwing... leave sufficient gaps in between the blocks for easy removal access when required... dropping on the floor is a big no no for any media either way. nowadays i just hose down the MP in the sump n siphon out the water for easier maintaince. no need for removal coz of the porosity.
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote