Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2005, 04:47 AM   #44
Jack
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
u look carefully at the negative feedbacks .... where do they come from ?
wat are the negative points really ? is it something that they point out regarding the system itself or is it negative whining because they get zapped ? 90% comes from those who got zapped ... wat does that tell u ? and u relook again at those people who complained in the beginning , those who get zapped and complained ... wat is their stand now and wat have they understand abt the system ? especially if they've been added back to a healthy positive zone ... i relook at their postings and one thing i have noticed, they've changed their posting styles ...

the points are worthless, really worthless, u can't change them for anything but all of us like to be on the positive side if possible, no one wants to be the odd one, the negative one and it is this aspect that we feel will improve the forum. Let's look at another angle, do u still see all those big big red coloured fonts like this to flame ? u dun't cos the members also know that u do this, u run the risk of being zapped very quickly ... does the system worked ? well i think so ... the moment everyone can't be bothered abt the system is when it doesn't worked and shd be scrapped .. but as of now when people do care abt their drop of points, or when they're happy when their points go up, its proof the system works ...

I see your point, John. Thanks for explaining. True, nowadays we seldom see flaming or nuisance posts as compared to before. In this aspect, the rep system would have served its purpose well.

But the system may still need to be improved on as there're still some shortcomings. Its never my intention to propose to scrap the system, rather its to improve it. Anyway, I'm just doing my part as a member of the forum, giving some suggestions. Ultimately, it'll be you all, the Mods to decide.
Give it some thoughts, I'm sure you can find ways to make it better.

Regards.