Thread: The Rep System
View Single Post
Old 31-05-2007, 12:40 PM   #123
jwhtan
Barney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apteronotidae View Post
My opinion:

Infringement of guidelines: Send a PM warning (and ban etc later)
This is as, sometimes I've read people say that reps don't matter to them.

Those traders out to con should either be Pmed 1st, or banned. Why tolerate people like them?

I think he means that with this system, in thread there will be "uppz to you" and "why did I get zapped", unecessary posts in threads. People will moan and groan about reputation points, its a never ending cycle.

If someone chats in forum (non chat-gossip), a pm can be sent out or a mod, or even a member can tell them to stick to the topic itself. Of course reputation points make a difference, comparing this forum to others, it is definately one which stands out, but honestly, confusion arouses when people are zapped "for no reason" (either the guy doesn't know what he did, or people just don't like him), there's a lot of tension, the often newer members like to question the system, etc. When people have high reputation points, its no difference to them. They can abuse this 'authority', zapping people just for fun. Then newer members, those with lower points then feel like they are discriminated, feel this is unfair, until they themselves realise its just a system and there's nothing to moan about.

This system goes well with the guidelines, but if some people don't care about reputation then whats the point?

I guess many members have accepted this system as part of Arofanatics, so it's hard to do away with it.
do u know how hard it is for us to keep track who we have warned before ?? who then lie low and spam again two weeks later ?? how do we track them ?? by their rep comments, why we zap them and by infraction, otherwise with 20,000 registered users, how do we keep track ... pm the members ?? first, it is damn tedious , secondly the people who are out to con dun give two hoots about any mods pm them, who cares ?? and look, we're like old grandmothers nagging, pm pm pm .... nobody cares .... we did that for four years and nobody cares .... the same damn conmen , traders, scammers come back again and again .... they spam across all boards , all section buy/sell to sell their luohans, their aros etc ... pm them ? u never know what this means until u do it.