View Single Post
Old 18-01-2010, 03:04 AM   #21
Spakase

Quote:
I beg to differ, SG farms do have nice xbs too, dun forget, SG originally has no xb, iz all from malaysia........ not to point out particular malaysia farms, i do see lousy xbs......
SG farms do have nice xbs, but the quality pales in comparison with MGs bred by Msian farms.
It is a fact xb are from Msia, SG farms went to breed them into TY and enhanced RTGs.
I tend to compare the end result rather than juveniles or mid sized fishes, for an xb I use gold intensity as the benchmark, the others like the small tail and yellow finnage are a testimony of the preservation of the species. I don know if this is also your benchmark after reading your EBXB purchase, I think you have a different benchmark. To me, if there is a depart from MG look, there is a high chance that copper and other colours could creep into the adult aro due to the red genes or RTG genes introduced. Hence to buy an xb and have it turn out to be a half red is to me, bad breeding impacting hobbyists who are looking for the real thing.