Old 19-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #28
garykueh
Arofanatic

Interesting discussion. My views are :

the good Msian farms won't sell brooding stock to competitors
<True>

everything now goes to China
<Demand more them supply, True. Not limited to China though>

they will export the offspring of all these SG bred "xb" to us, and China, and the world
<That is why, we need to support local farms>

it's bad news becok the xb from Malaysia will no longer be as gold, since they are bred from poor stocks from SG farms
<I think not true, SG farms are producing quality xb, through pure bloodline breeding, I think maybe is because of unethical traders looking for a quick profit>

It is a fact xb are from Msia.
<True>

Conclusion : I think Singapore farms have improved the quality of xb through pure blood line breeding by collecting the best of the best blood line. As farmers do not sell good brooders to each other, the supply are limited. One way to get good blood line are from the hobbyist in Singapore. In a market where demand is more than supply, people try to get in the business. It makes sense to do it in Malaysia. Cheaper operating costs and the water quality is good. Security may be another issue though. As the quality of Singapore bred aro has already reached such a high level that even Malaysia farms try to buy from us, it is due time to support local farms.
garykueh is offline   Reply With Quote