View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #7
HuttShun
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllm33 View Post
hi,
thnks for clear explanation.
seen a few youtube videos of bumble bee grouper sizes quite large in a 3-4 ft tank and owner seems to suggest they are in freshwater environment even though quite big as per aquarium tank size expectations. So likely possible conversion to freshwater in my simple reading.
Think my concern is when first bght from lfs how to stabilise the juv to survive as got conflicting inputs from diff lfs owners as to how to house them at home, so really appreciate if anybody can advise on the way like what we do with difficult fishes like altums to condition them.

Anyway this thread in same forum here suggest that TS is keeping his quite big bb grouper in freshwater and very alive
http://arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=539119
probably he is highly skilled sifu in this fish
Bumblebee groupers grow up to 9ft in length and also up to 400kg, I don't think there's anyone who have kept a bumblebee grouper to even half that length in a full freshwater environment without it dying prematurely.

I know there are hybrid groupers in the market which might be able to better withstand full freshwater environment, but as far as bumblebee groupers are concerned, these giants need to have an increase in salinity as they get bigger, up to the point of full marine salinity.
HuttShun is offline   Reply With Quote