View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 05:37 PM   #42
trueblue82
Arofanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brichardi View Post
Looks like you are heading/venturing more into Malawi cichlids. Personally, I wouldn't recommend mixing tanganyikans with malawis unless you mix the right type of fishes that are compatible with each other (not easy imo), i.e. altos are quite shy fishes and little movement whereas most malawis are fast swimmers and aggressive and fast eaters....hence the altos may have less food and also stress from the malawis movement & aggression, etc. Ofc if u have a huge tank, 5~6 ft minimum, some of these problems will be reduced. Deciding what fishes to mix is one of the most exciting steps in maintaining a community tank. You can mix & match now but ultimately you most prolly would end up keeping either tanganyikans or Malawis....in a tank. Honestly, to achieve a desirable community tank of tanganyikans is easier than tank full of Malawis. In the broadest sense a community tank is an aquarium in which the tankmates therein are all compatible. This means the tank inhabitants won’t normally kill each other. In other words, you have a harmonious environment where all fishes are compatible with each other and should survive and even reproduce over a sustained period of time.

yah boss i actually intend to shift my alto out of the tank...he is too slow to compete food with the malawis...LoL~

fyi for those lazy ppl like me i tried ordering the escargot online from cold storage..hope they come tomorrow!....any delicious recipes to recommend?
https://www.coldstorage.com.sg/
trueblue82 is offline   Reply With Quote