Thread: Tanning
View Single Post
Old 27-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #12
Arcadia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon-san View Post
Thanks, bro. i'm also considering getting 2 of the 4ft ones.

Hi, Paul, just to re-affirm, the UV that is emitted by these tanning lights are harmless for casual viewing? Asking as my tank is a clear 3-side viewing setup. Intending to place 1 tube on each of the length-wise span of the tank.

In addition, the double T8 Lamp Controller serves as an on/off switch for the Arowana Lighting sets? Can the Dimmable Controller be used in place of the T8 controller?
Hi
Hopefully you will be installing the lamps inside the aquarium, in which case the UV-A and UV-B will not penetrate the glass of the aquariums and will dissipate rapidly in the water. I wouldn't think that direct viewing of the lamp would be a good idea, but I don't think it would be harmful in the short term.
Remember to allow the fish to be able to escape the lighting as it would in nature so do not 'fill' the aquarium sides with lamps but keep them to a proportion of the tank

Yes the double T8 controller can be used with Arowana lamps if you are buying them as separate items and yes the switch will control both lamps. If you buy the Arowana lighting set it has the control gear with it. The dimming controller is for use with our LED luminaires, not with fluorescents

Hope this helps

Paul
Arcadia is offline   Reply With Quote