View Single Post
Old 23-08-2004, 11:08 PM   #3
nim75sg

Removing the top and bottom cover needs some "mini brute" strength as they are both damn tight. I guess it is brand new and "never been used before" but finally managed to remove and pour away all the white sand.

Washed the inside of the casing and as usual there is a thin film of oil inside the top and bottom black cover. Likewise for the black sponges (2 pcs for the bottom and 1 pc for the top cover)

With a mild detergent, wash the inside cover to remove the thin film of oil is removed and my suggestion is to use telfron tape over the "screw thread" as an additional precautionary measure to prevent leaks. This is not necessary but being a native, just couldn't resist the kia-su syndrome impulse.

Instead of hard pvc piping for the inlet n outlet which are found in other brands, the Resuns are made of hard rubber material which I am experiencing this type of usage the first time.

That is the reason why Resun provides you with the 2 transparent connector for insertion directly to both the inlet/outlet rubber hose. Will post a pic of this connection later.

You can omit the transparent connector and just insert the Eheim 16/22mm hose directly into the rubber inlet/outlet of the FBF without any fear of the hose slipping out of the connection. Tested it out with flushing water and it didn't leaks at all.

Additional safeguard is to use a tie-wrap to further bind the hose and the FBF inlet/outlet hose but IMO, this is unnecessary and optional. Kia-Su syndrome strikes again.

For those who doesn't want to use Eheim hose, the alternative is to buy clear pvc hose size of 5/8 inch in diameter which is shown in the pic connecting to the outlet of the FBF. Found this leftover in the store room and might as well utilize it.

The bottom 2 black sponges are of reasonable quality and believe that it can outlive for at least a few changes of the media.

The next stage is to place the media inside the FBR and will post more pics in the next few days while doing the final installation.

Stay tuned.