View Single Post
Old 23-11-2010, 08:56 AM   #45
issacyeo
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTribal View Post
Hw big is ur rays? make sure the cut mps are smaller than the ray's mouth. Since they hunting live means they are healthy, let them finish the feeders in the tank then stop putting anymore live feeders in tank.

Pups are generally quite easier to train mp diet, however there will be some stubborn ones. Since u hav 2 rays, so as long one of them start to eat mp the other will most likely to follow suit. First 1 - 3 days they may starve a little, tat's common ... juz be patient.

Any small to medium prawns is fine, most import is fresh then portion it to a few servings (3 - 4 servings recommended) keep in fridge, the rest in freezer. Tis is assuming u feed twice a day for ur pups. I feed my rays & aros frozen tiger prawns.

Note: make sure they hav a hump on the back fm the previous last fed meal before commencing mp training. If u think rays are too skinny top & underbelly, it's best to bulk them up a little first.

Spent some time whenever free to observe them & their routine. They will aso recog the owner and know food is coming Mine will all fly up whenever I approached the tank wif food tray, even those resting on the bottom.
thanks for the info. my pair are pups, still quite small, approx 5" and on a diet of FBW + feeder catfishes. i tried throwing in small pieces of mp but they are simply disinterested... but when i throw in the catfishes, they start hunting and feeding like mad... im feeding only once a day at night.

hhmm... im using those prepacked deshelled small prawns, rather than tiger prawns. does it make any difference? my 5" IT ate it but the 8" and 4" ITs did not. im thinking that the type of prawns may be a key factor...

any minimum size criteria before starting mp training?

btw, i just wana get some feedback: im running a eheim 2260 for a 622 tank. lifestock includes 2 motoro ray pups, 3 ITs (3", 4", 8"), 2 FF (5", 7"), intending to get some red aros. how many aros shld i put in? i feel that a secondary cannister would be better, any suggestion which model? i cannot put ohf cos of the hood...

Last edited by issacyeo; 23-11-2010 at 09:03 AM.
issacyeo is offline   Reply With Quote