View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 01:01 PM   #17
ngphon

[quote=Alvin Koh;6996781]Calvin, didn't know that Oyama paper is bad. I probably haven't been reading up enough on them.. When you say paper backings, I reckon the application is just to leave the cardboard behind the tank without any direct pasting on to the glass? I will search the forums for the reasons.

steroiduser88.

I haven't ordered the tank yet. I am going down to havelock road LFS maybe later to check it out in person and to find out the prices as well. May order online depending on the cost difference. Online sites are showing $550+.

I think the reason for the protrusion is because 4 feet converted to centimeters is slightly longer by a bit. I am also a newbie regarding planted. [/quote]

no not truth,it is due to the light holder,both end,the end cap.normal type will look something like our,t8 light holder.if you opt for those waterproof end cap.whereby the tube end is embedd inside the cap,therefore the total length of the casing will not exceed 4ft.those china or taiwan brand,most of them will be longer then our tank,due to end cap and switch being attach at the side.if the switch is at the top,with waterproof end,it will fix nicely with some allowance even.