Thread: Cycle?
View Single Post
Old 23-11-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
Jon-san
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollsir View Post
Thank you for answering my question.. Ok so if my ph remain at 5 . So I k slowly bit by bit intro CC. What is OS?

So once is stable need not WC and k intro fish, so if fish inside for a week then WC?

How do we know we have sufficient media?? Cos my tank is those tank maker do and they just put many abt 70% of biohome and 30% of CR. So in fact all this media allow BB to cultivate?? Or should I put in more CR??

Lastly should I add in 1 piece of dead prawn everyday to cycle??

Thank you!!
Hi. Just some thoughts. Since you are doing fishless cycling, my suggestion is to get some baking soda, slowly add in to your tank until your ph stabilises slightly above 6.0. Continue the cycling but try to maintain the ph above 6.0 with your adding of CC(coral chips)/OS(Oyster Shell) and/or baking soda. This is because, generally, at ph below 6.0, the re-production rate of BBs are drastically reduced and their efficiency at carrying out Nitrification is significantly affected as well.

Your current media setup looks good, using 70% BH and 30% CR.

Whether to add Nutrafin Cycle everyday or not is up to you. I believe the bottle instructions do indicate what the dosage method should be for new tank cylcing, water change, etc. I added Nutrafin Cycle everyday when I was cycling my 1.5ft-er. I only stopped when I detected my Nitrites level start falling. Cycled my tank in 6 days. Had a good load of ammonia to start off the cycling though, coz I was using ADA New Amazonia soil. Lots of "food" to sustain a larger and faster multiplication of the BB colony.

Last edited by Jon-san; 23-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.
Jon-san is offline   Reply With Quote