View Single Post
Old 22-09-2005, 05:29 PM   #44
kagemaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhtan
the blockage of UV rays by glass is 95% which is actually a lot .... now I understand there is one school of thought that says arowanas do not need that much penetration and even if it is blocked 95%, the 5% is still adequate for the tan .... this will however, contrast sharply with the view that natural sunlight is inadequate for the tanning process ...

regarding the kelvins, my understanding is that it is SI unit of measurement of heat while tanning is the penetration of UVA and UVB wavelengths ... an example is say, we're in a sauna ... well, its damn hot, but we dun get tanned as a result .... i hoped my understanding can be corrected as it may be all wrong
actually the school of tot tat u mentioned is where I originated...but the fact is sunlight is something which the aro is able to escape...

by default reds do not like sunlight...u could probably see them at the bottom of the pond or near the edges where they could find shelters

by putting them in a tank and tan them we are forcing them to take the "light" --> just like asking someone who dun like running to keep running because his hands are tied to the back of the truck

later I paste something of essence to the way light is deciphered in terms of aquarium for us to discuss upon