View Single Post
Old 24-11-2010, 09:03 PM   #44
leviathius
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordwindsg View Post
isnt OR6500 well known to be super hardy even when used on salt water setup?! it's only abt 3-4yrs old according to my knowledge. haiz. sianz. and coral life is also supposed to be a better brand? hmmm.. how unfortunate.

anyway, u really invested a lot on ur filtration. haha.. thumbs up. though personally, i wont bear to use such costly biological filter media in a sump. generally, flowrate is too high, besides the point that it's difficult to achieve uniform water distribution among e media, and the environment is kind of bright too. i will still prefer to load up these good media in a canister to cater to the biological filtration.
Yes. Flow rate using 1264 is 4500l/hr. And I also used Air stones in the sump to push up the water more uniformly. Coral life stopped production already according to C328. So I bought the UVC costing $200 plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordwindsg View Post
yes! it shd be a 4ft sump. nice & neat setup! i see that u hv pack the media tight into each compartment. good move. have to be more hardworking next time when washing the media..haha! :P u drilled holes at the back? i find it pretty warm inside the cabinet back then, so good move there too! u didnt continue using the canisters i suppose?
Actually already have the holes. But that time you backed it against the walls, maybe you never noticed. Yes, the cannisters have some slight leak. Or it could be I didn't know how to connect properly, and there are too many wires to my liking. So dropped that idea. I also have some GYT in the overflow compartment where the bioballs are. Don't know if it helps with the nitrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killersinz View Post
very nice monster tank
Quote:
Originally Posted by _kai_ View Post
Bro...monster tank, monster fish, monster sump . Very jealous leh .
And monster feeding costs...
leviathius is offline   Reply With Quote