View Single Post
Old 15-11-2014, 02:54 AM   #12
EvolutionZ
Endangered Dragon

Update:

Missed out this photo, a rough idea how to do the rockscape, get the longest zip ties, don't save up on the epoxy esp on areas that supports the base and also area that is overhanging!

Now, its actually my first time buying almost all of my equipments brand new and im very excited about it!

Here's my new Skimz Monzter Mini DC SN123, Very well packaged with detailed instructions on how to assemble it.

Doing a vinegar wash and upon firing up, it immediately starts to foam and it was pretty amazing how well it foamed even it was just vinegar and water.

The controller offers a couple of speed but i guess i will just leave it at the max, the 10 Minutes feed more is great for when feeding corals too!

Now, the interesting part is this 'gate', this controls how much water leaves the skimmer body and thus, allows the adjustment of the water level in the body.

Next is this amazing pump! the Jebao DC 9000, as per its name, its 9000l/hr which is wayyyyyy too overkill for my tank. But since its controllable, why not get the bigger one!
It will be T-ed off to my chiller as well as 2 return pipes. One great thing about this pump is how it slowly starts up over a minute to minimise splashing! Its also almost dead silent even running at full speed inside a red sea salt pail!

Last picture for the day, Here's the sand i'll be using!

My apologies for the bad picture quality! Been using my phone to take these photos!
EvolutionZ is offline   Reply With Quote