View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 03:11 PM   #8
Censis
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevin View Post
If water parameter are okay and no major water change recently, I believe this would caused by the EBH knocked onto glass after they got spooked.

I witness this happened before for both my EBH and Red hook in 2 independent occasions.

The EBH was not make it but the Red hook did survive after 2 weeks swim upside down.

What I believe was the size and force of EBH is bigger than the red hook, hence the impact force for the EBH to knock onto the glass is huge.

Therefore, provide hooks with large space and avoid to spook them is the key to keep them for long.
Hi Nevin, I did not do anything different like wc and water parameters are alrigjt(checked using kit) and all other fishes are alright. I do suspect them knocking into the glass walls as well but I've been keeping them for over a year and once recently one died and now another. My previous hook swim like that for over 3 days before dying making me more curious as it should die within hours if it was something serious.. Guess I'll let this guy stay in my tank and hope it recovers hearing that yours recovered after two weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauLanChu View Post
Any dying fish will show this sign of struggle before it passes on, reasons can be many. However hook is one of the tough fishes and when they started dying something is not right. Hooks can withstand a lot of whacking from other fishes and they do fight among their own breed with bruises especially on the mouth, could be also from knocking. How long you having these hook?
Hi Chu, yes I know they are tough, they often bang on glass wall even I on their lights when they are sleeping (accidentally). I've been keeping them for over a year in my tank and this happened recently only.. They are quite big tho.. Above 13" or even bigger.. Could size play a part?
Censis is offline   Reply With Quote