View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 07:52 PM   #62
shermie
Senior Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiidae View Post
How will you drive to the top under such road condition ?

a) speed as fast as you can and drive near to the edge.

b) slow down and keep away fm the edge as much as possible.

Definitely option b is safer.
interesting but not exactly an accurate analogy hehe. with your analogy, one is purposely taking the risky approach while the other is being overly conservative. plus speeding as fast as possible near the edge is a recipe for disaster, while carrying no potential gain apart from personal satisfaction. while changing water % is not as high a risk as ppl deem IF u use the appropriate amount of AC, IF u take sufficient time to top up water, IF the parameters of new water added is similar enough to prevent shock etcetc, and it can be beneficial if that % of WC is needed to keep ur paramters in check.

i agree smaller more frequent WC would be the most risk free, in comparison to say 50-80% once a week or every 2 weeks. but i'm doing 20-80% every 2 days depending on whether i deem it neccessary, and i dont find it high risk because of the precautions i take. personal choice because i believe more WC increases metabolism = growth rate, plus replenishes certain electrolytes n trace elements that u would otherwise need to spend huge amounts of money on marketed supplements to get. again, i need to stress doing 50-95% WC at one go is not for everyone, do what works for u the best
shermie is offline   Reply With Quote