View Single Post
Old 26-05-2015, 12:12 PM   #51
vadriewyn
Arofanatic

I'm a newbie to bichirs as a whole so I've always made assumptions to quality and grading. In any case, grading is usually very personal (like shrimps) although they follow certain guidelines. Correct me if I'm wrong, I've read that there are different variants of dels in terms of patterning (thick bar, thin bar, no stripe, tiger stripe, tiger spot, etc). Generically speaking, I presume better contrast is preferred (meaning darker black bars) and usually people tend to sway towards heavy patterning since its harder to achieve. I also take it that similarly to ITs, symmetrical patterns are considered to be better (but of course a lot harder to achieve in dels). Some patterning runs down towards the belly area, which is typically white, and probably also contributes to its rarity.

Not sure if I missed anything.. Regardless, most of the observations I have are quite obvious and I believe most people would have already internalised since they are fairly consistent regardless of the type of fish. Bigger, bolder, better!

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
vadriewyn is offline   Reply With Quote