View Single Post
Old 28-05-2006, 12:00 AM   #22
Occellatus
Endangered Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by illusionist
2nd pic is sharper, first pic still got shake. look at the white part of the eye, can see.

2nd picture is darker although shutterspeed is slower, probably cause of metering so just take note.

basically think of shutterspeed as your house curtain. first is closed. when you open, you let light in. how much light you want to let in, is how long you open your curtain. so 1/50 means you open your "curtain" for 1/50 of a second, and 1/200 means you open the shutter for 1/200 of a second and so on.

exposure compensation is like, when you take a black fish against a very bright background (maybe your white wall is reflecting the light from the tank light). then you need to compensate the stops by putting it to the plus section to ensure your fish is properly exposed. how much to compensate, depends on where you meter also.

hope you get what i mean, if you have any doubts do clarify yep? cheers!
phoo....this is deep indeed...

ok...let me recap bit by bit.

shutter speed is the speed at which the shutters open and close. 50 means 1/50 of a second. 200 means 1/200 of a second. So 50 means the shutters open and close slower than 200 rite? 200 should open and close faster.

And when I select the shutter speed, I need to take into consideration the lightings. A brighter background will enable me to use a faster shutter speed, like 200 and a darker background will need me to select a shutter speed of 50 so as to enable more light to get in, yes?
Occellatus is offline   Reply With Quote