View Single Post
Old 22-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #37
jyee
Arofanatic

Woh.
Another guys who also just kenal tagans ebola just liked me.. haha

Due to Recently keep poisoned by frenz, I also just step into tagans world.

Just share my recent setup, any goes wrong all sifus please correct me.

I just setup a 422 tank with mr aqua ohf system.
A ohf c/w 4 layer, wool, bioball, cr and some aquaclay and 1 tray of cc.
Going to take out aqua clay also heard that I will bring down the ph level.
From the first day of setup, ph level was at 9.5 and current reading is at 8.4. Still monitoring whether it will Still dropping or not then only decide whether need to add cc.
For the pump wise, I am using aqua -up dry pump, it just like those Taiwanese place the pump at the ohf and an inlet goes all the way to the bottom of the tank. I set the inlet at abt 3" away after the substrate. The reason I choose this type of pump, it is because good for scaping purpose.
For substrate, currently just using plain 30kg of coral sand. Was planning whether do I need to add 1 bag of sudo sand to create like river bed feeling. But worried abt the outcome will quite funny.
And for scaping tools, this week gonna add in some rocks that in grey colour in odd shape. Hope won't much affect to the ph level.
Recently, my frenz just add 2 bags of redsea reef base as his tagans tank substrate as that sand claimed that it will help to maintain the tank ph @ 8.2-8.3.
I m still waiting his results ,if really able to help may get 2 bags to ply too.
.↖(^ω^)↗

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk
jyee is offline   Reply With Quote