View Single Post
Old 19-03-2006, 03:17 AM   #9
xtrekker

thanks for ur info, so i have got mysel a TEM from one of the SLT basement shop at S$19, the TEM is 12V 6A rating, i belif it is a 75W TEM.

>> Your TEM is power rating is at 12V x 6A = 72W of Electrical Power. As for your "cooling" Qc , is should be around 45W it should be able to cool a 1ft cube. How big is your tank ?

after i connected the TEM with cold fin and heat sink+fan, i do a same one as ur previous box microchiller, the problem now is i cant get the water cool down to 24C, water temp only can achieve at 27.8C even i supply a 12V 5A supply to the TEM.

>> Try Touching your heatsink . Is it very hot ? It vry hot , Your heatsink is not big enuff to dissipate the heat conducted away from your cold plate plus heat generated by your TEM ( Due to its internal resistance )

when i test the TEM at first, the cool fin only acheive at 21C and the heatsink at 38C, i couldnt' get the ice forming at the cold fin as what shown in ur picture, i really piss-off with the project i have done.

>> To get ice forming is easy . There must be something wrong with you setup.

Its always the fan or the heatsink thats causing the problem. What the rating of your fan you use to cool your heatsink ? Have you use Thermal grease on the joint between your heatsink and TEM ?

Don't be disappointed. If it still does not work bring your unit over to my place i help you troubleshoot.

cheers
xtrekker.